Jim Harbaugh left Michigan for the Chargers.

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
I always knew he would do this, soon as the right job came up for him.

Just last year, he said he planned on being at Michigan till he retired…ha.

Reactions: AZ. and Jimbo
I don't keep up w/ college (I just can't get into it for some reason), isn't he also dodging likely sanctions or something too?

Maybe the NFL stint will work out better for him this time.

Chargers perpetually feel like they're missing something to put them over the top. They've had some really, really good rosters too.

Their GM just came over to the Raiders, if he can do to their roster what he's been able to do in LA it should be a good improvement, and glad they've retained Antonio Pierce.

I don't keep up w/ college (I just can't get into it for some reason), isn't he also dodging likely sanctions or something too?

Maybe the NFL stint will work out better for him this time.

Chargers perpetually feel like they're missing something to put them over the top. They've had some really, really good rosters too.

Their GM just came over to the Raiders, if he can do to their roster what he's been able to do in LA it should be a good improvement, and glad they've retained Antonio Pierce.
TTUN will be hit with the Sanctions, Harbaugh would have been part of, but now that he tucked his tail and ran ... he's free of any sanctions as far as I know ... (Tressel got a 5 year Show Clause and could NOT coach in the NFL during it)
Fwiw, Tressels issues were Much less than this.

This will NOT happen to him, because they have several teams wanting his services.

Before the Chargers deal was official-

Meanwhile, Michigan has come around in its contract negotiations with Harbaugh. The Wolverines are now willing to grant their coach immunity from termination for the two ongoing NCAA investigations into the program, according to 247Sports' Sam Webb.

I always knew he would do this, soon as the right job came up for him.
That sucks, was hoping he'd go to the Falcons. Now we'll probably get stuck with Belichek.
Just last year, he said he planned on being at Michigan till he retired…ha.
Yeah, I don't think anyone believed that. He was just biding his time for the right NFL opening.

Reactions: Jimbo
He did the same thing as Pete Carroll did when the heat got turned up.

That sucks, was hoping he'd go to the Falcons. Now we'll probably get stuck with Belichek.

Yeah, I don't think anyone believed that. He was just biding his time for the right NFL opening.
Belichick is probably done coaching.

Doesn't really matter ...
Tom has no experience either, but he's gonna be a super start, just ask them.
Bill could be a studio guy also, showing up at 1 place if he wanted, I don't see people turning him down, for his insight.
Brady will be a bust.

Heres hoping, but you never know ...

I don't watch a game at all for who's calling it.

I may like some that you don't and vice versa ...

Most people don't like Tony Romo, I do .... as for calling games, not a Qb.
Olsen is great, why change it.

I like Romo and Olsen both and think they have a good grasp on the flow of a game. I think the producers require them to talk too much so sometimes they sound like idiots in an effort just to say something. Both of them have voices which grate on my ears though. :)

• Love
Reactions: AZ.
Olsen is great, why change it.
I cant stand him! He is whinny, and these announcers get way to excited and call things that arnt happening. Any game played 2 will have two fan bases, and on national games 90% watching are watching football not listen to the cheerleaders call the game!

I like Romo and Olsen both and think they have a good grasp on the flow of a game. I think the producers require them to talk too much so sometimes they sound like idiots in an effort just to say something. Both of them have voices which grate on my ears though. :)
2 weeks ago, a play close to the sidelines and they were tripping over each other what was better the throw or the catch. In all honesty, if they were watching the game it was a everyday 2 minute drill going down the sidelines to stop the clock! Just awful!

I cant stand him! He is whinny, and these announcers get way to excited and call things that arnt happening. Any game played 2 will have two fan bases, and on national games 90% watching are watching football not listen to the cheerleaders call the game!
He didn't even wanna talk about Cowboys kicker Brandon Aubrey!
During the Week 18 "America's Game of the week" (Commanders and Cowboys), it went like this:
Kevin Burkhardt: How do you like these numbers for a kicker, Brandon Aubrey?
Greg: How about that!
Kevin: He's having the greatest season ever and we'll get into it as the game goes on.
Greg: I'm not talking about him!
Kevin: What? Listen, I-
Greg: We're not doing it!
Kevin: Well we have to show it!
Greg: Well we're gonna show it and we're gonna leave it be!

Reactions: AZ.