NFL 2023-2024 Season

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Well we are now officially into the New NFL year with the Combine over and Free Agency starting up and the draft a few months away, well open a new thread for the Current year.

Reactions: Derwin0

What in the heck happened to the QB contract market. It was like one day it was expensive, the next day, it went cryptocurrency crazy. Dan Jones $40 million a year?! About $23 million a year guaranteed. For a guy who's breakout year was 9-7-1?! At these rates, I'm probably worth $500k. Cleveland... give me a call. I can take a hit. Just one... but I can take it.

What in the heck happened to the QB contract market. It was like one day it was expensive, the next day, it went cryptocurrency crazy. Dan Jones $40 million a year?! About $23 million a year guaranteed. For a guy who's breakout year was 9-7-1?! At these rates, I'm probably worth $500k. Cleveland... give me a call. I can take a hit. Just one... but I can take it.
This is more about the lack of good QB's in the market so they would rather pay Jones.

Lamar is injury prone.

The Giants feel that with weapons Jones can be a good QB. Hell, look what a good coach did for him last year.
They went close to .500.

It'd be cheaper and build a great defense and win with a Trent Dilfer.

The Bears are trading the No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft to the Panthers in exchange for four draft picks and wide receiver DJ Moore, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

The Bears will receive Carolina's first-round selection at No. 9, a late-second-round pick (No. 61), a 2024 first-round selection and a 2025 second-round pick, according to Schefter.

Reactions: Gary Toma
Who got the better end of the deal.
I think they both got a good deal .... Panthers NEED a QB, they have a good D, a decent O line ... they will have a good QB soon, either CJ Stroud or Bryce Young ... thier choice. They other can pretty much expect to play in the basement, I don't see Houston getting out of the basement any time soon, QB or not.

They say QB's go to Chicago to Die ... well I think Houston is worse yet.

While Chicago got a Top WR , which they needed badly, they probably gave up the possibility to get the Defensive Game Changer they were thought to want ... Anderson or Carter .... keep in the back of your mind that Carter MAY be there at #9, which would be a REAL STEAL for the Bears.
Provided Carter cleans up his act quickly.
Hopefully he Grows up quickly.

If not Carter, it could be one of the Top O linemen, or another D Linemen, there are a few, no way to know how far some players get picked at ... not saying they have to drop, but just where they get picked.

I was Hoping that Chicago would have gotten another 1st rd pick This year, but it didn't happen.

Who got the better end of the deal.
Big gamble. there is No clear no miss QB in this draft. if so that is worth almost any price. but when you are saying if they pick this guy or that guy there is no clear guy.

The Bears should be the winners #1 & # 2 round picks should be starters, DJ Moore starter. so 5 starters for a maybe QB. next years picks are likely to be higher than this year. as rookie QB's rarely win a bunch of games.

Meanwhile the Raiders make a sideways move with Jimmy G. he can start 10-11 games, then hold the clipboard. sorry they are not as good as the 49ers.
they will win enough to draft just outside the top 10. no mans land.

Meanwhile the Raiders make a sideways move with Jimmy G. he can start 10-11 games, then hold the clipboard. sorry they are not as good as the 49ers.
they will win enough to draft just outside the top 10. no mans land.
The Raiders are always going in circles.

Big gamble. there is No clear no miss QB in this draft. if so that is worth almost any price. but when you are saying if they pick this guy or that guy there is no clear guy.

The Bears should be the winners #1 & # 2 round picks should be starters, DJ Moore starter. so 5 starters for a maybe QB. next years picks are likely to be higher than this year. as rookie QB's rarely win a bunch of games.
Question is now, Who they gonna take at #1 ?
Young or Stroud ???
Or trade back so Houston gets thier choice, do they take the right one ?
Will they both end up good, or will they both end up lousy on crappy teams.
That happens on a LOT of top Qb's ... they go to bad teams and are considered Busts, playing behind Nobody.