Are the PVR721 and DP510 both junk?

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I still have 2 old receivers laying around. a PVR721 and a DP510. I figure the PVR721 is junk because of the lawsuit but what about the DP510? "John"

I still have 2 old receivers laying around. a PVR721 and a DP510. I figure the PVR721 is junk because of the lawsuit but what about the DP510? "John"
The 501, 508, 510, 721, 522, 625, 921 and 942 are all named in the lawsuit. That being said, if you can get a purple card for it, you can still use it.

The 501, 508 and 721 are more desirable as they don't fetch a DVR fee but as pointed out, the 721 may not support the purple card.

721 is good platform for own development, just load latest beta and you'll have entrance into it.

As if 99% of the people on this board have even a hint of a clue as to what you're talking about!

Please tell us, Smith, P., if I had a 721, what would I want to develop on my own, where do I get the aforementioned latest beta, how do I load it, how do I gain entrance into it, and what am I going to do once I get there?

I would also like to know how to bring the 721 back to life in some sort of way. I am guessing that you could not use it for Dish Network like you did when it could be authorized but for some other purpose. Maybe it could be used as a standalone DVR like a Tivo / ReplayTV / etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts