Are there any Dutch and or Latvian Channels out there in FTA land.?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slartibartfarst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Hi Guys,

I am located just outside Toronto, Canada and a couple down the road from me are from Holland and Latvia, they are a great couple and love there TV but were unaware of FTA untill they caught me aiming a dish at 97W.

I would love to help them out and see if I can pull in any Dutch or Latvian TV for them, they are going away for 2 weeks and I am looking after the house for them, so I would be very interested to see if I can get something up and running for them when they get home.

He just retired and is going to be spending more time at home and she has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, so I want to do something nice for them.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Size of Dish and type of LNBF would help me too of course.......lol

Thanks

BVN in the Dutch Language is on 101 West Ku, and also on SatMex at 113 West Ku I believe as well. The 101 West bird also has Hist/Bio in the clear on it, so if it were a choice between 101 and 113, I'd suggest 101. A Standard 30 inch (or bigger) dish would work fine. I use a 39 inch (1 Metre) dish. I haven't been able to find any Latvian channels on Ku.

Lyngsat has BVN TV Amerika at SES1 @ 101W and also SATmex 6 @ 113W both on Ku. check it here. Free TV from Netherlands - LyngSat
nothing for Latvia though. Dish and LNB the sameone you use for 97W Ku. Around 90cm Dish with a standard Ku LNB will do. I would recommend SES 1 since it also has Bio and History channels ITC.

holly smokes !! Davage beat me and it even look like I copied from him , lol!.

Well your friends will like the BVN channel. Quality dutch programming. My cousin in Holland would need to pay extra for BVN. Very strong signal on 101W.

Well thanks for the suggestion, sounds like it is 101.

I will play around aiming at my place and then head over there, I have a 1m Dish so that should be perfect, I hope.

Fantastic, thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts