Are there any India Channels FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I have a friend that is looking for Indian channels from India. I am not familiar enough with Indian speaking channels to know. So I thought I would ask the group here. Any input would be helpful. TIA

The only two on Ku-band I know of are on 97W, both Christian channels: Angel TV (Evangelical) and Divine TV (Catholic). I have seen some Indian programming on some of the nearby countries' channels (especially from Afghanistan), but I can't recall which ones. I don't know about C-band.

I kinda figured there were not many. I will let him know, I can't remember but I'm pretty sure he don't have C-Band, so this may not work out for him.

other than the 2 posted above (the religious ones) nothing on KU

If he has decent internet Roku has DIshWorld (but it does cost money) but they have a bunch of India channels and various packages. I looked thru and didnt see any free channels (but have to check the private channel list) ;)

Yeah he can get them on DISH too, but didn't want to pay the high price they charge for the few channels you get. ;)

ahh I see

just checked roku private channels and there are only 2 and both require a monthly fee (and folks say there are issues)

I tried to get a hold of him so left him a message waiting to hear back.

I noticed last night and this morning that Ariana Afghanistan TV (12122 H 20000, on 97W) is broadcasting the 19th annual screen awards ceremony from Colors TV India. I've noticed several Afghan stations (except RTA, the official one), tend to rebroadcast quite a bit of stuff from India. I know it's still not the same as a channel directly from India, but might be worth looking into.

Status
Please reply by conversation.