Are there HD channels you almost never watch?

I'm in Olympia, but hell, I may as well be in Forks. I have no decent location to put up a 24" dish and if I let them anchor it to the roof, well, with all the rain we get here, I'm just into a leaking roof. If we get snow (like we did 2+ weeks ago, and the 24" accumulates it, well, there goes that til it melts. I've already griped to the team at ceo (twice in the past 6 months) and the first response was (in-general) "oh, sorry...you're a valued customer and we're working on a solution." The second time was hocking the 24" 2-dish solution at me.

I'm going to have to modify my back porch in order to get a 24" dish to work...and from what I've heard from others in the area, it doesn't completely eliminate the drop-out on the low-end of the wobble anyway.

So, hey E*? Now that you've lost DNS for a couple millon of us, how about putting a decent bird at 129?

I'm in Olympia, but hell, I may as well be in Forks. I have no decent location to put up a 24" dish and if I let them anchor it to the roof, well, with all the rain we get here, I'm just into a leaking roof. If we get snow (like we did 2+ weeks ago, and the 24" accumulates it, well, there goes that til it melts. I've already griped to the team at ceo (twice in the past 6 months) and the first response was (in-general) "oh, sorry...you're a valued customer and we're working on a solution." The second time was hocking the 24" 2-dish solution at me.

I'm going to have to modify my back porch in order to get a 24" dish to work...and from what I've heard from others in the area, it doesn't completely eliminate the drop-out on the low-end of the wobble anyway.

So, hey E*? Now that you've lost DNS for a couple millon of us, how about putting a decent bird at 129?

They are replacing the 129 bird but it will be over a year b4 Ciel goes into the slot. It isn't built yet. They don't have a bird in orbit that they can replace it with now. As far as modifying your roof have you looked at the Rain Fade thread to see about the mounting system for a non leak install of a Dish? I used to live in the Seattle, Tacoma area so I know how much rain there is up there. I lived there a few years ago when they had to close the interstate from Burien to Seattle due to snow. So I understand what you are going thru.

For me it's GamePlay, Animania, Kung Fu, Monsters, Treasure and HDNews. :no Love Rave. :clap NGHD needs more HD shows. !protest I am loving the ESPNs with college basketball. :hungry:

I watch Monsters but I wish the selection expands, Rave but I wish the selection expands, HDNews but they need to expand on their coverage and even at the expense of adding commercials. Sometimes HDNet, HDNet Movies, Animania (classics only), Family Room and ESPN when the Mets are playing.
Sometimes networks but not often.
I hope they turn on the RSN HD's before next baseball season at least and throw SportsNet NY in the mix as well.

You know, I almost didn't read this thread because I figured it would turn into another HD Lite rant thread. It's pretty interesting, though, and proves that there is a niche market for almost every channel out there.

To summarize, it sounds like most of us could live without most of the VOOM channels, but most of us have one or two we would really like to keep (for me it's Rave and Filmfest). There are some we watch occasionally for eye candy (such as Equator for me). There are some that are a total waste of bandwidth (Gameplay and KungFu for me). There are some that occasionally have something of interest on them (Treasure for me).

As for the "mainstream" HD channels, again, everyone has a favorite (or two, or five!), and one or two that could easily go away.

The bottom line is that we have a pretty diverse selection of HD with E* that we can't get anywhere else. Could it be better? You bet. Personally, I always look through the "All HD" list before I go anywhere else, and I watch OTA locals more, percentage-wise, than anything else. Next would be the premium movie channels in HD, and Sports.

Brad

I think the most unusual aspect to my HD channel viewing habits is that I receive all of the networks via OTA, but almost never watch them. I love watching sports and movies with occasional arts & nature shows. The networks almost never show a movie. So all I watch on them is the occasional sports program.

So I watch the VOOM channels far more than I do ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX combined.

Never watch: GamePlay, DISH Network PPV in HD, Treasure, Gallery, Ultra.
Seldom watch: Food Network, Kung Fu, World Cinema, HDNews.
Mostly watch: HDNet Movies, HDNet, Universal, National Geographic, Monsters, NFL, ESPN, ESPN2, Filmfest.

I wish VOOM would do a remix on their movie channels. Bring back Westerns and Majestic. Add a SciFi and an all classics movie channel.

Last edited:
Never watch: GamePlay, DISH Network PPV in HD, Treasure, Gallery, Ultra.
Seldom watch: Food Network, Kung Fu, World Cinema, HDNews.
Mostly watch: HDNet Movies, HDNet, Universal, National Geographic, Monsters, NFL, ESPN, ESPN2, Filmfest.

I wish VOOM would do a remix on their movie channels. Bring back Westerns and Majestic. Add a SciFi and an all classics movie channel.

I really MISS Westerns!:hungry:

Yes, both Guy TV and the Majestic VOOM channel formats were quite good.

To that end, I liked the old 10-channel VOOM package better than the current expanded 15 channel VOOM package.

I would have never thought that was going to be the case.

I agree with the voom stuff. I don't watch those much. If I do, it is either rave or monster. My wife likes Ultra of course. Sometimes when I feel like a zombie, I'll watch gameplay.

I just installed E* 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure which HD stations I like/dislike yet. I've noticed the wobble on 129 with my Dish 1000, so the voom channels fade in and out. I'm in the Tacoma, WA area.

I'm trying out E* for a couple of months before I decide if I want to keep it. I purchased the equipment so I wouldn't have a commitment.

The only voom channel I watch is Rave. Of what I think is 30 HD channels that are offered I only watch:

Showtime
Starz
HBO
Discovery – For Monster and America Chopper repeats
Rave
ESPN
ESPN2
NFL Network – Not yet but will when there is a good game on
Universal – For Battlestar Galactica repeats
TNT – For NASCAR

The most of my HD viewing is from OTA because my locals are not available yet. And when RSN become available (I am not holding my breath) you can add NESN to the top of my list.

Ken

Dedicated Dish for 129

I just installed E* 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure which HD stations I like/dislike yet. I've noticed the wobble on 129 with my Dish 1000, so the voom channels fade in and out. I'm in the Tacoma, WA area.

I'm trying out E* for a couple of months before I decide if I want to keep it. I purchased the equipment so I wouldn't have a commitment.
Get a separate dish for 129. I watch 3 or 4 channels out of Voom pack a good bit so I would be real po'd if they faded in and out. I get it off 61.5 but that is a low look angle for you in T town. How is T town. Got my degree at Bates Tech. Still have ppl out there that I still talk w/via email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)