Are these UHF channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

abarsami

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Can someone confirm these are uhf channels. A uhf antenna is all that is needed, right?

From antenna.org: zip 91302

red - uhf KTLA-DT 5.1 WB LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.3 31
* red - uhf KTTV-DT 11.1 FOX LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.4 65
* red - uhf KCAL-DT 9.1 IND LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.2 43
* red - uhf KCBS-DT 2.1 CBS LOS ANGELES CA 65° 32.1 60
* red - uhf KNBC-DT 4.1 NBC LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.4 36
* red - uhf KCET-DT 28.1 PBS LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.5 59
* red - uhf KCOP-DT 13.1 UPN LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.2 66
* red - uhf KABC-DT 7.1 ABC LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.3 53

go back to antenna org and any channel that has a frequency assignment number or better known as a RF number higher than 13 is a UHF channel and anything lower than 13 is a VHF channel. It looks like all of your frequency's or (RF) numbers are in the UHF range so you should be able to use a UHF only antenna....I have provided a link below to probley the best antenna on the market in my opion. hope this helps.........DIGITAL~DAN

http://www.channelmaster.com/home.htm

Channelmaster 4228 or the channelmaster 4221

you guys visually impaired, heh ;)

It clear says uhf next to each of the channels, it's not playing any kind of game with you...

I like the ChannelMaster 4221 because it really works. I can personally tell you that I pick up stations as far away as 90 miles on a regular basis and that is without a preamp. I have it on a rotator and it works great..........just my two cents worth..................DIGITAL~DAN

Ditto on the Channel Master 4221 or the 4228(I have) before last years Superbowl I tried 5 antennas, actually 4,5th one was the one I am now using,from other companies-Radio Shack-Winegard-the other I can't remember but was a major player in the antenna biss while they all worked good they would not get all stations with good strength,BAM-Channel Master gets all and at very high strength.Shop around though the local anrenna installer(company)wanted 99.95 for it,I found it at a electronics warehouse/distributor for 45.95-20 miles away

My local fry's electronics has the 4228 for $49. So let's see how much value electronics says tomorrow.

Should I get a pre-amp also? Will it make a difference? I am 32 miles away.

Value electronics has on their site the Winegard Pre-amp. AP8700 (17/19db) or Winegard Pre-amp. HDP-269 (11db)

If it will make a difference I'll get it.

I think sense you are only 32 miles away that you will not need a pre-amp. I do not have a pre-amp and I pick up channels as far away as 90 miles. I think you should try it without a pre-amp first and see what you can get. Then if you are not satisfied then buy a pre-amp. I really would by a rotator before I would buy a pre-amp because then you have the convience of be able to fine tune your antenna from inside. I have provided a link of the best rotator in my opion on the market today. I also think that if you do by a pre-amp then the ChannelMaster 7777 is you best bet (it has the lowest interference rating on the market). well I hope this helps...DIGITAL~DAN

Here is the link: click on products ,then click on antenna rotators

http://www.channelmaster.com/home.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts