Are these UHF channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abarsami

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Can someone confirm these are uhf channels. A uhf antenna is all that is needed, right?

From antenna.org: zip 91302

red - uhf KTLA-DT 5.1 WB LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.3 31
* red - uhf KTTV-DT 11.1 FOX LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.4 65
* red - uhf KCAL-DT 9.1 IND LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.2 43
* red - uhf KCBS-DT 2.1 CBS LOS ANGELES CA 65° 32.1 60
* red - uhf KNBC-DT 4.1 NBC LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.4 36
* red - uhf KCET-DT 28.1 PBS LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.5 59
* red - uhf KCOP-DT 13.1 UPN LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.2 66
* red - uhf KABC-DT 7.1 ABC LOS ANGELES CA 66° 32.3 53

go back to antenna org and any channel that has a frequency assignment number or better known as a RF number higher than 13 is a UHF channel and anything lower than 13 is a VHF channel. It looks like all of your frequency's or (RF) numbers are in the UHF range so you should be able to use a UHF only antenna....I have provided a link below to probley the best antenna on the market in my opion. hope this helps.........DIGITAL~DAN

http://www.channelmaster.com/home.htm

Channelmaster 4228 or the channelmaster 4221

you guys visually impaired, heh ;)

It clear says uhf next to each of the channels, it's not playing any kind of game with you...

I like the ChannelMaster 4221 because it really works. I can personally tell you that I pick up stations as far away as 90 miles on a regular basis and that is without a preamp. I have it on a rotator and it works great..........just my two cents worth..................DIGITAL~DAN

Ditto on the Channel Master 4221 or the 4228(I have) before last years Superbowl I tried 5 antennas, actually 4,5th one was the one I am now using,from other companies-Radio Shack-Winegard-the other I can't remember but was a major player in the antenna biss while they all worked good they would not get all stations with good strength,BAM-Channel Master gets all and at very high strength.Shop around though the local anrenna installer(company)wanted 99.95 for it,I found it at a electronics warehouse/distributor for 45.95-20 miles away

My local fry's electronics has the 4228 for $49. So let's see how much value electronics says tomorrow.

Should I get a pre-amp also? Will it make a difference? I am 32 miles away.

Value electronics has on their site the Winegard Pre-amp. AP8700 (17/19db) or Winegard Pre-amp. HDP-269 (11db)

If it will make a difference I'll get it.

I think sense you are only 32 miles away that you will not need a pre-amp. I do not have a pre-amp and I pick up channels as far away as 90 miles. I think you should try it without a pre-amp first and see what you can get. Then if you are not satisfied then buy a pre-amp. I really would by a rotator before I would buy a pre-amp because then you have the convience of be able to fine tune your antenna from inside. I have provided a link of the best rotator in my opion on the market today. I also think that if you do by a pre-amp then the ChannelMaster 7777 is you best bet (it has the lowest interference rating on the market). well I hope this helps...DIGITAL~DAN

Here is the link: click on products ,then click on antenna rotators

http://www.channelmaster.com/home.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.