are Tivo/DishNetwok preventing this reciever from being sold in NA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
but can record two channels. The DTVPalDVR I had only had one input and could record two shows while watching a 3rd that was pre-recorded

right, but what about if you want both atsc and cable? the dtvpaldvr is strictly atsc. the cm7400 supports qam, but not sure how it would like atsc and basic cable channels being fed into it simultaneously. it would be interesting to try.

I'm assuming its one or the other. The only one that has separate antenna and cable inputs is a Tivo

I'm assuming its one or the other. The only one that has separate antenna and cable inputs is a Tivo

or that sony box. the sony box has no fees, but tivo includes netflix, hulu, and plethora of other internet streaming services.

I don't purposely watch TV or any entertainment on a computer screen. Like you, I love my big flatscreen!

That is why I have the best set top box ever built....... A HTPC Home Theater Personal Computer that is only connected to my flat screen via a HDMI cable. I use Windows Media Center to record and watch over the air television, catch missed shows or surf on Hulu, subscribe to Netflix and watch PPV movies on Amazon and listen to Pandora. Every thing is controlled by one remote and also have a USB wireless mouse / keyboard for the few times I am using a browser. Without the Silicon Dust and a PC I would have several boxes and recorder and still not be able to share the recordings and my music collection around the house to other TVs and digital radios.

Have a microHD for watching backhauls / networks in other time zones and a Roku for a few additional services. The Slingbox and PlayOn are great for sharing programming from these sources to my tablet, smart phone, media players.

We live in exciting times!!! ..... Was outside last weekend using my tablet to control the microHD / dish motor and fine tuning a test LNBF then later viewing signal meter from the TV while fine tuning the terrestrial antenna. A few minutes ago I checked on the home microHD from here at work to see if some test recordings had been completed. :D

Interesting as I recently setup a PC running MCE7 (4 ATSC/clear QAM tuners) to replace a Dish DTVPal DVR and the PC is far better! Now if we could somehow integrate the Micro-HD as a source...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)