Are we supporting hacking now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
This forum uses google ads and this ad was on a page I was viewing.

'

I find it ironic that this website that has always been anti-hack is having ads placed on it by the hosting company that supports hacking. Kind of a double message, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
the google ads take info from posts and does those accordingly. Thats why when I go to one website (not here) the google ad always seems to be about solidsignal and antennas

As noted above Scott is the one who can stop those from showing up but he is on holidays. He will get to it when he has time (or comes back)

Normally we say PM Scott (or me) the website address and we can take care of it.

I have PM'd the info to Scott to check when he comes back

are they really that great of a revenue stream that its worth the hassle ? didnt we used to just use our sponsors ads ?

having a stream of random ads just seems so getto, Im surprised that google doesnt have something to customize it better. They do so many things so well and the banner ads just seem to be so sleezy. Im always getting banner ads for illegal services. doesnt look good on sat guys when people dont realize that its google ads sending these banner ads not sat guys themselves.

are they really that great of a revenue stream that its worth the hassle ? didnt we used to just use our sponsors ads ?

We've had the google ads for a while now

As for the amount of money they bring in, that would be a Scott question (when he comes back from holidays)

Easy fix. Pub membership. 20 bucks (a year) and no more ad crap.
It also supports the site! :D:up

you know thats probably why I never saw the banner ads before lol. I have let my pub membership lapse. I'll try and get on that next payday. I enjoy satguys and like supporting sites that help me in my hobbies

We do not choose the ads that are displayed by Google, they are shown based on your browsing history, or by keyword they pick up on the page you are viewing (such as "Satellite")

This particular ads is and have been blocked for a few weeks but yet keeps showing. I have been working with Google, DISH Network and also JJ Gee from Nigrastar on stopping this ad from showing. We work closely with all of these folks on a regular basis.

If you want to harm these companies... CLICK ON THEIR ADS, not only do we get paid for when you click their ads... but you blow their ad budget so their ads stop running. :D

JUST KIDDING... DO NOT CLICK ON THEIR ADS... IF YOU DO SO, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Unfortunately if it were not for these google other syndicated ads, our sponsors and the kind support of our members, we would not be here today. So thank you everyone for your support.

I am on the ship sailing past Cuba now. :)

Last edited:
I keep seeing ads today for Showtime. Showtime isn't available in Canada, or available for subscription on C-Band. I've clicked a few times to get a little money for SatelliteGuys, and to cost them some money for pulling out of C-Band :)

If you want to harm these companies... CLICK ON THEIR ADS, not only do we get paid for when you click their ads... but you blow their ad budget so their ads stop running. :D

I like that idea!! Funny thing is that it's a scam anyway. N3 has not been broken and most likely won't be. So these people are raking in the money. What are they going to do? Go complain to the police that the money they spent to pirate dish tv that the company involved didn't deliver? :D Stupid is as stupid does.

That may seem like a good idea, but keep in mind those adds go to other web sites that could have anything on them including viruses. So they could infect your computer. And given that add is getting around blocks, all the more reason to avoid clicking it.

Awhile back just going to the FOX network web sit could get you infected because someone found a way to embed something in the click add. You didn't even need to click it, just go to the site.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We do not choose the ads that are displayed by Google, they are shown based on your browsing history, or by keyword they pick up on the page you are viewing (such as "Satellite")

This particular ads is and have been blocked for a few weeks but yet keeps showing. I have been working with Google, DISH Network and also JJ Gee from Nigrastar on stopping this ad from showing. We work closely with all of these folks on a regular basis.

Unfortunately if it were not for these google other syndicated ads, our sponsors and the kind support of our members, we would not be here today. So thank you everyone for your support.

I am on the ship sailing past Cuba now. :)

Did Castro swim by your ship? Lol

<snip>........... I have been working with Google, DISH Network and also JJ Gee from Nigrastar on stopping this ad from showing. We work closely with all of these folks on a regular basis.
........<snip>........

Really???...
That's kind of scarey. Do you share our IP addresses and other info with JJ Gee and Dish Network?
:(

Really???...
That's kind of scarey. Do you share our IP addresses and other info with JJ Gee and Dish Network?
:(

not really. Scott works with Dish all the time. After all we do have a section for Dish Network :)

But no Scott doesnt share IP addresses.

I didn't think anything was hackable now. Did something else get released or something? I thought everything was locked up now.

heres another one for the block list,
ww.blah.com

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)