Are you having low signal trouble with the new 1.2 LNBs?

benzee1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Cedar Vale, KS
Since moving from the 1.4w to the 1.2w, our office is struggling hard with signal strength. When we switched to the 1.4, my signal strength was about 2 points higher than the 1.2. Now we're back on 1.2 and I can barely get low to mid 70's on 110, 119 and 129 gets 44-51.

Our whole office is having the same problem. Is anyone else having this issue?

Since moving from the 1.4w to the 1.2w, our office is struggling hard with signal strength. When we switched to the 1.4, my signal strength was about 2 points higher than the 1.2. Now we're back on 1.2 and I can barely get low to mid 70's on 110, 119 and 129 gets 44-51.

2 precentage points will make no difference and signals posted are normal. Are you having picture problems or just imagining a low signal problem?

benzee1 said:

Lower signal but still above minimum requiremant for quas, no real issue. The min sig strenghts should move down again eventually. With more and more 1.2 having to be installed.

The .2s are a little more touchy than the .4 wa since the move back to the .2 iv still been using the .4 dish bigger dish better Sig all you have to do is cut the middle lip off the bracket and the .2 lnbf will fit on it

You only got two points higher on the .4? Guess it depends on the area but I was getting the 119-14 up from 68 to 75 with the .4 . I have been having a problem with all the reman LNB's though. Out of the last 20, 4 have been DOA for being 8-20 points low on signal. Different LNB on the same point and it's fine...

I used to get 87-89 on the 119 (1.2), we moved to the 1.4, I started getting 88-92. Now we're back on 1.2 and I can barely get mid 70s. I get higher points on the 500 dishes LOL! We think we got a bad pallate of LNBs. Someone pulled a 1.2 from their old van stock and it worked like normal.

I was just wondering if others had similar issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)