Are you having Sling / DISH Remote Access Issues

I waited 24 hours and am still having the same issue. My DVR shows that it is online, and I get the 7-digit activation code from the DVR, but when I enter it on the dish.sling.com site, it tells me "Your DISH DVR may not be enabled for Web Services." Bonus: I click the FAQ link at the bottom of that screen and get an error message every time. I've tried this is three different browsers already, including IE, hoping it was some kind of javascript or flash wonkiness with the website but it appears not to be.

Ideas? Am I skipping a step where I'm supposed to activate something elsewhere?

Did you pat your head, while rubbing your belly and hopping on one foot at the same time? Also holding your tongue out and try to touch your nose and also kiss your elbow at the same time? NO? That is why you can't connect.:p

There isn't much to be excited about in my book. It surely isn't worth the extra $4.00 a month to be able to "maybe"connect via sling over my 922. I want to be able to sling to another hd tv in my house and that is the one thing they have yet to be able to do .

Well there are other companies products that can. You just need to look them up.

It seems that perhaps Dish was moving over to some new software this weekend? That's my guess -- after my unsuccessful attempts at connecting this weekend I was able to log in today and see my DVR via the internet. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.

harshness said:
And it has been answered many times before.Log into your dishnetwork.com account and select DISH Remote Access from the menus.Set and delete recordings and perform complex searches. Try it out and see for yourself.

And I'm saying that it doesn't work. I go to register, and nothing happens. Entered in email, password, 7 digit code off the reciever, goes back to the login page. Called dish, they don't how to fix it. Tried through the dish site, tried dish.sling, tried dish9.sling nothing works

Says connected
Which screen says that?

I don't think "connected" is a complete answer to either of my questions. I'm looking for details, not a casual interpretation.

The Connection diagnostic screen should say Broadband Connection Ok or something to that effect.

The network setup screen should report an IP address, net mask, the LAN IP address of your router as the DNS server and some MAC addresses. The status should read "Connected Online".

I'm assuming that you're receiver is unable to contact DISH or Sling as opposed to there being a problem with your account or their servers.

harshness said:
Which screen says that?

I don't think "connected" is a complete answer to either of my questions. I'm looking for details, not a casual interpretation.

The Connection diagnostic screen should say Broadband Connection Ok or something to that effect.

The network setup screen should report an IP address, net mask, the LAN IP address of your router as the DNS server and some MAC addresses. The status should read "Connected Online".

I'm assuming that you're receiver is unable to contact DISH or Sling as opposed to there being a problem with your account or their servers.

So on the network setup page I see my IP address, subnet mask, primary dns, ethernet mac, homeplug mac, and the connection status says connected online.

smjbh5 said:
So on the network setup page I see my IP address, subnet mask, primary dns, ethernet mac, homeplug mac, and the connection status says connected online.

I'm having an issue with the registration process

And I'm saying that it doesn't work. I go to register, and nothing happens. Entered in email, password, 7 digit code off the reciever, goes back to the login page. Called dish, they don't how to fix it. Tried through the dish site, tried dish.sling, tried dish9.sling nothing works

The steps to use DRA is this:

1. Log into/register with www.dishnetwork.com
Registering the first time you will need your 16 digit account #, your 4 digit acct pin, or last for of ssn or 10 digit receiver #
2. Once in your account, click on Dish Remote Access
You either get redirected to DRA or get a Technical Difficulties message
Technical Difficulties message means your dn.com email address does not match your sling account email address and calling DISH they can submit a TPR with your R00#, acct# and email you want to be associated with dn.com/sling account.

That is it.....you have not needed the pin from your recv via the "web activation" menu in over a year. You are not suppose to go to dish or dish9.sling.com to login.....have to go via dishnetwork.com

If you can tell me what you are seeing exactly, I can tell you the fix. I hope this helps.....if you go to menu 6-1-9-2-reset connection....should show connected online.....this way you can manager your timers/dvr recordings.....if not connected, you can only setup timers....5 every 30 minutes.

So how long to I have to wait until MY DVR is working? Just setup my 722. Under Preferences / Receivers , shows one of my receivers is active.

jbaer15 said:
The steps to use DRA is this:

1. Log into/register with www.dishnetwork.com
Registering the first time you will need your 16 digit account #, your 4 digit acct pin, or last for of ssn or 10 digit receiver #
2. Once in your account, click on Dish Remote Access
You either get redirected to DRA or get a Technical Difficulties message
Technical Difficulties message means your dn.com email address does not match your sling account email address and calling DISH they can submit a TPR with your R00#, acct# and email you want to be associated with dn.com/sling account.

That is it.....you have not needed the pin from your recv via the "web activation" menu in over a year. You are not suppose to go to dish or dish9.sling.com to login.....have to go via dishnetwork.com

If you can tell me what you are seeing exactly, I can tell you the fix. I hope this helps.....if you go to menu 6-1-9-2-reset connection....should show connected online.....this way you can manager your timers/dvr recordings.....if not connected, you can only setup timers....5 every 30 minutes.

Strangest thing. Without doing anything, besides loggin in to my account, clicking on DRA, seems like it works! I was able to use my iPhone as a remote and to manage my dvr.

Thanks for the help. Can i watch stuff from my dvr on my phone?

I just wish they'd support Linux as I refuse to connect any of my laptops to airport wifi networks anymore after a vicious worm got into my windows machine and someone got access to my banking logins.

Till then I'll just stick to using the wine version of the slingplayer client on my ubuntu laptops. Not as slick, but far safer than windows

Dish Network Sling Adaptor

I can't get the full screen to work all the time. When I have problems my cursor turns from a pointer to a cross? Whats the fix?

My problem is that everytime a get a new BlackBerry (once a year), I have to wait 5-6 months for Sling to come out for a new app for the new BlackBerry. I got my Bold 9000, waited six months for Sling to come out with a Slingplayer Mobile app for it. It worked great for six months, but then six months later I got a Bold 9700. Then I had to wait for five months before Sling released a mobile app for that. I had Sling working great on the 9700 for seven months then purchased a Torch 9800 in November. Of course there is no app available for the Torch 9800 now, and it will likely be five or six months before one comes out for it. It sucks that they cant get these apps out quicker. So my Sling works great for half a year and then doesn't work for the other half a year. If this continues, I'll have to look for alternative means for viewing my TV on my BlackBerry.

If this continues, I'll have to look for alternative means for viewing my TV on my BlackBerry.
Have you considered that the problem may be with RIM and not so much with Sling?

It has been my observation that very few apps work particularly well from one Blackberry to the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)