Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?

Are you ready for Directv's new HD Channels launching in September?

• Yes. I have a 5 LNB dish, B-Band Converters, and MPEG4 receiver (H20, HR20)

Votes: 664 81.9%
  • I plan on upgrading my Dish and/or Receiver in the next month or two

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • I am keeping my existing HD equipment and no plans to upgrade

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • I might upgrade next year

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Do not subscribe to HD and/or no plans

Votes: 30 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just curious why a thread titled "Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?" turns into a comparison between Directv and Dish? It seems like every other thread gets hijacked into this type of discussion.

Agreed, that's whay I asked the mods to close the who will have more HD on 12/31/07, D* or E*. I even asked specifically to not make comment, just vote, but that didn't last very long.

Been ready for nearly a year.

Ditto.

And you know what? I don't feel the need to crap in threads dedicated to Echostar expanding their HD offerings. The reason? Competition is good for every consumer and fanbois are a lower life form.

Sorry,
I want my sports in HD
Thank you ...

NFL, NHL, MLB
How's E*'s MLB baseball package coming along, 2/3rds of the season over ..
Do they have it yet ???

I'll keep my D* Thank you ,

Jimbo

Add to that E* has no desire to serve Columbus with HD LILs anytime soon, while D* got them up within 6 months of their new satellite, Sorry E* Case Closed.

I've even upgraded to Premier in last 2 days just to be ready for the HD Movies. I'm like the guy that was thinking of cutting back his Blockbuster, except mine would be Netflix....

The thread is titled :Are you ready for Directv's new hd Channels in September?

So my questjon is very simple and should probably be answered before voting.

What are the new HD channels coming in September?

Because i have been screwed by a lot of providors in the past and would never sign up again until I know for sure what I will get.
What if D* only adds like 5 channels in September and then you have to wait till March for another 10.

I do wanna praise DirecTV for having channel 499 available to tell subscribers of their need for B-Band converter connected to the input on the back of HD receiver for future HD channels. Thumbs-up to you, DirecTV!

When was last time you got a straight answer from D*? Keep your hopes up!
I know E* is not perfect but for now they have the most HD and at least they are adding more HD programing. FOR SURE!. No ifs and when. E* only speaks out when they act. D* has been throwing out lies after lies. D* HD channels line up can be counted on 1 hand. While others wait and hope, I will enjoy my HD channels right now.

What all have they added beside the over-hyped voom? .. and the amount of NFL ST and MLB EI on Dish can be counted with 'no hands',, Still, point to all these lies and non-answers in detail you keep vaguely talking about? Get over it already, stop with the over-exaggerations and head back to the Dish threads.

Been ready for nearly a year.

Looking forward very much to:
Red Wings in HD (woot!)
11 HBO/Cinemax in HD
5 Starz in HD
Discovery HD simulcast (Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters I'm looking at you!)
SciFi HD
FoodTV HD
HGTV HD

With just those I'll be up to about 98% of all shows I watch in HD. The other 50+ channels are just gravy.

RED WINGS IN HD! Now you're talking Bro!

all my IRD's are up and running. just waiting for the feeds to start.

FOOD-HD, HGTV-HD, NGC-HD, MAX-MD, STARZ-HD, UNIVERSAL-HD, NFL-HD, ESPN2-HD, A&E-HD.. I think that's the more recent ones.

Sean, aren't those ghosts giving you the tipoff on D* in the next couple of months? Enjoy watching Apple Pie and Truffles on E*, I need to get back to some MLB in HD, get ready for my NFL Season Ticket in HD, oh and yes my Nittany Lions in HD on the BTN.

Sean, aren't those ghosts giving you the tipoff on D* in the next couple of months? Enjoy watching Apple Pie and Truffles on E*, I need to get back to some MLB in HD, get ready for my NFL Season Ticket in HD, oh and yes my Nittany Lions in HD on the BTN.

I haven't ever had a spirit say anything about satellite TV :).. personally the current lineup from Echostar works better for me as I'm not that much into sports, but if after the DirecTV additions, I like their lineup better (and at the moment, their upcoming lineup does look very nice), I'll switch to DirecTV. I'm not a die hard stay with one company type of person, I'll switch if I like what the other guy offers better.

Sean

Have been direct hd customer for years take full package of movies , have not upgraded because of the two year comittment .
Seriously considering going to dish. could care less about the sports. desire movies documentaries, and hd sci-fi.
direct has never offered me any good deals to stay. Have 110 " and 60" 7.1 in my family room.

You sound like a "big picture" person, Sean. I know that for me, if and when FIOS is an option in my area, I'll have big decisions to make.

Have been direct hd customer for years take full package of movies , have not upgraded because of the two year comittment .
Seriously considering going to dish. could care less about the sports. desire movies documentaries, and hd sci-fi.
direct has never offered me any good deals to stay. Have 110 " and 60" 7.1 in my family room.

D*'s announced that they will carry 11 HBO/Cinemax channels in HD in September DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release . They've also announced that they'll carry five HD channels from Starz, Chiller HD, four Discovery channels, and The History channel in HD, DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release . That's a lot of movies and documentaries. You may want to rethink your objection to the 2 year commitment or at least wait until late September to see if D* follows through on this and if yes what E*'s going to do to match it.

:welcome to SatGuys.

I would call Directv, ask to speak to retention group, just mention about leaving Directv for Dish or cable, and see if they will offer anything to upgrade your HD setup. You will be surprised on what they can do to help. Also, dont wait too long. When all the channels light up, the on the fence and non-believers will be flocking to Directv in droves so getting an install date might be hard in September and October.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts