Arkansas to fire Petrino?

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Arkansas fans use Facebook and a rally to support Bobby Petrino | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

During the press conference, Petrino said he had spent the day with his wife at the lake and mentioned he was sitting with her when trying to determine which helmet to wear before ultimately going without one. Not sure his wife would have been excited about that conversation had she known her husband was trying to look his best for his rendezvous with his mistress.
Long has a tough decision to make regarding Petrino's future. This isn't about being the morality police, this about the perception of the Arkansas program. How could Petrino sit in a recruit's home and sell his parents on making their son a better man? How could they believe what he's saying or want him to be a role model for their child?

Oooops.......

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing.

Shame for the fans, good coach, apparently poor morals.

I think he COULD be fired, but considering that he has done wonders for that football program, they..as in the administration, may not pull the trigger. That team will more than likely be a top 15, maybe even a 10 10 team next year. It will bring MORE alumni money and football fans back. I am not so sure they are gonna get rid of him just yet.

Any Senator, Representative or judge who ever got divorced and then remarried had cheated on his previous spouse. Nearly every one. But we don't demand fidelity from them. Does anyone really expect a football coach to raise their kids?

I did see one legal consequence of having a coach having an affair with a subordinate and that is that if he were involved in her selection or promotion, he might be subjecting his employer to an employment bias lawsuit.

Cut in pay and suspension but no way they fire him unless the young blonde gets Gloria Allred and turns on him.

suspend the guy just to please the public. he's only done good for that program.......

I think he COULD be fired, but considering that he has done wonders for that football program, they..as in the administration, may not pull the trigger. That team will more than likely be a top 15, maybe even a 10 10 team next year. It will bring MORE alumni money and football fans back. I am not so sure they are gonna get rid of him just yet.

I agree ...

Jimbo said:
WOW .... thats somewhat surprising.

I agree. I'm thinking more will come out later.
I thought since he survived the first 72 hours he would not be fired.

Hate to see coach Petrino go but I have a greater respect for Jeff Long. Sad day to be a Hog fan. :(
Woooo Pig Sooie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

bobbypetrinofired_50centdriveby.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts