Sports "Bucket Lists"

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I am not sure if this was ever started here, if it was, I do apologize. After Wrestlemania, I started thinking of all of the live MAJOR events I had gone to either as as fan or do to employment and I was really blessed to know that I had "checked off" a few of my items on my sports "bucket list". I have a few to go that unless I come to alot of money where I can quit and travel, they might be hard to attain. I was hoping some of you, if you don't mind me asking, are some of the ones you had(if you have a list) on there that have already have been a part of and they ones you are hoping to attain. Here are mine:

- Baseball playoffs/World Series: Marlins(playoffs)
- NFL football playoffs SB: Raiders/Steelers AFC game back in 1993(been to a SB in Miami, but they were not my team)
- NBA Finals: Bulls in '96, '97
- World Cup: Opening ceremony and game in 1994 in Chicago
- Wrestlemania

Still unchecked on the bucket list:

- Soccer game between Manchester U vs Liverpool
- Soccer game between Real Madrid vs. Barcelona
- Golf's Ryder Cup
- Tennis' U.S. Open Semi-Final or Final

I'm hoping that the Texas Rangers will FINALLY win a World Series in my lifetime. I'm still young though so the possibility is still there. Still can't believe they came within one out of winning it last year.

I'm also hoping to see the Dallas Cowboys go back to the Super Bowl and win it.

Don't have that long of a list. The main thing I want is that I want to see a Bulls game live. My friend is DYING to see a 49ers game at Candlestick before they close down the stadium. He's a hardcore fan, but unlike me, who's been to Candlestick 4 times, he doesn't realize that at this point the stadium just has historical significance, as opposed to being a modern, fun stadium. Going to Wrestlemania would be cool, but I've been to at least 2 tv tapings and even a PPV, so I'm not that big on that, not to mention the extreme cost of going to such an event. At this point in my life I'd rather just spend the $60 on the event and relax at home and watch it.

These are all events I would like to go see in person. This is not in any order.

1. See Reds win WS
2. Go to a baseball All-Star game
3. See Bengals win a Super Bowl
4. See Lakers win NBA Championship
5. See Kentucky Wildcats win NCAA Tournament

See my Niece play in the College Softball World Series ...

Done that, watched my girlfriend in college play and watched my sister play too in 89-90. The Hall of Fame in OKC is a great place to watch the WCWS.

Been to the US Open, PGA Championships at Southern Hills and Oak Tree.
Been to Nascar at Texas Motor Speedway
Been to the Red River Shootout in the Cotton Bowl several times.

I really don't have an interest in seeing the pro games live. HDTV and Recliner work well for me. I was supposed to go see Man U while I was in the UK/Europe a couple of years ago and things didn't work out. Got stuck in Germany an extra day and missed the game.

See in person a Triple Crown winner earn his title at the Belmont.
See in person my team win a World Series game, the Super Bowl, or the CFB National Championship.

Nice thread salsa.......

I'd like to see Miami back in at least one Super Bowl even if they lose.

I'd like to one day be able to afford Or win court side seats in a meaningful nba game involving the heat.

Go to a Super Bowl game with good seats hopefully involving Miami :)

I'd like to one day be able to visit the masters golf course even if I can't play a single hole.

Nice thread salsa.......

I'd like to see Miami back in at least one Super Bowl even if they lose.

I'd like to one day be able to afford Or win court side seats in a meaningful nba game involving the heat.

Go to a Super Bowl game with good seats hopefully involving Miami :)

I'd like to one day be able to visit the masters golf course even if I can't play a single hole.

Me too

My main one I did in 06. I wanted to attend the Iron Bowl, in Tuscaloosa. Did it with 92,000+ of my closest friends, and had a blast! I can only imagine what it is like now with over 100,000 strong.

Another one of mine is to see Bama win the NC in person. Ill settle for watching it in HD at home for now. :D

Here are a few of mine to attend in no special order

1) NHL All Star Game (Get to go to the 2013 All Star Game)
2) Final game of Stanley Cup as Jackets win.
3) Lions Superbowl
4) Summer and Winter Olympics

I have been to a few Braves games at Turner Field as well as the minor league team in Gwinnett at Coolray Stadium - excellent little place to watch a minor league game. I've been to the Georgia High School football championships the past several years in December at the Georgia Dome. Normally try to go to some UGA softball and baseball games through the year - my favorite was a UGA softball vs. NPF All-Stars game last October at UGA. Been to NASCAR races at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Talladega as well as the IRL race a few weeks ago at Barber Motorsports Park. Been to both Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble at the Georgia Dome and headed up to Raleigh this May for the Over The Limit WWE PPV. I've been to Bristol Motor Speedway, TD Garden and Met Life Stadium but not when games were played. I've passed many stadiums up the East Coast (Charlotte, Baltimore, New York, Philadelphia and Boston) but can't really count those as I just passed by in traffic.

I'd like to go to an NBA game and an NHL game. As for the NBA, I just love the game so, for me, it doesn't really matter who is playing though my preference would be the Heat being involved. As for the NHL, I'd love to see either the Maple Leafs or Canadiens at home in the TO or Montreal. Walked right by the hockey arena in Montreal during opening night two years ago. I'm kind of envious of Salsa and Rey as I'd love to visit the new Marlins stadium in Miami. While I were around the area, I'll also say it would be cool to watch the Panthers. In the NFL, I'd like to visit a Bengals game in Cincy and a Bills game in Buffalo. I enjoy softball so the women's college World Series in Oklahoma City. I'm always down for sports so really anything is fine for me.As for college football games, I'd like to go lots of places but the Hurricanes, Oklahoma, Washington and Auburn would probably top that list.

Sorry for so much! As you can tell there are lots of places I haven't been and a ton I'd like to go to. I'm only 30 and just now finishing my M.S. so I'm now hoping to find something that can allow me to reach some of these goals. And I'll shut up here but the Masters would be great even if I'm not playing.

Here are a few of mine to attend in no special order

1) NHL All Star Game (Get to go to the 2013 All Star Game)
2) Final game of Stanley Cup as Jackets win.
3) Lions Superbowl
4) Summer and Winter Olympics

Thought of one more. I would like to see the Blue Jackets play a game at every arena in the NHL. This one is tough as teams get new stadiums but I would at least like to visit each city once.

1. Go to a Packers game in December at the Frozen Tundra, Lambeau Field.
2. To Augusta, at the 18th hole, to witness the Masters Champion.
3. To see an Army-Navy football game and all that goes with that.

These are all events I would like to go see in person. This is not in any order.

1. See Reds win WS
2. Go to a baseball All-Star game
3. See Bengals win a Super Bowl
4. See Lakers win NBA Championship
5. See Kentucky Wildcats win NCAA Tournament

I would also like to see all baseball parks, major and minor leagues.

After graduating high school, and before entering the service, I went on a 30-games in 30-days tour of ballparks with a friend who was also entering the service. Well, we made our way to more than a dozen ballparks in two weeks before we ran low on gas and money (not to mention we found ourselves in a scheduling pickle). To be honest, traveling the country thirty-some years ago, using foldout maps from AAA along and a Rand-McNally Road Atlas, into parts unknown was much more challenging than plugging an address into the Garmin nowadays. Plus, we had to plan our trip based on schedules posted in the newspapers, and good luck trying to book a cheap hotel room when you don't know quite where you're going or when you'll be there.

Anyway, we slept in the car a time or two or three. Of course, it was a '71 Barracuda Convertible so we enjoyed sleeping and drinking beers out under the open skies. If you ever get an opportunity to relive your past, or are looking to plan your retirement, I highly recommend adding such a trip to your Bucket List. We're going to make a similar trip when I return in 10-15 years, and follow it up with a road trip into the Yukon Territory.

After graduating high school, and before entering the service, I went on a 30-games in 30-days tour of ballparks with a friend who was also entering the service. Well, we made our way to more than a dozen ballparks in two weeks before we ran low on gas and money (not to mention we found ourselves in a scheduling pickle). To be honest, traveling the country thirty-some years ago, using foldout maps from AAA along and a Rand-McNally Road Atlas, into parts unknown was much more challenging than plugging an address into the Garmin nowadays. Plus, we had to plan our trip based on schedules posted in the newspapers, and good luck trying to book a cheap hotel room when you don't know quite where you're going or when you'll be there.

Anyway, we slept in the car a time or two or three. Of course, it was a '71 Barracuda Convertible so we enjoyed sleeping and drinking beers out under the open skies. If you ever get an opportunity to relive your past, or are looking to plan your retirement, I highly recommend adding such a trip to your Bucket List. We're going to make a similar trip when I return in 10-15 years, and follow it up with a road trip into the Yukon Territory.

VERY COOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts