Sports "Bucket Lists"

My list:Being a long time Pittsburgh sports fan, I know 2 of these are possible, but who knows when the third would ever happen 1. See the Steelers win another Super Bowl 2. See the Penguins win the 7th game of the Stanley Cup (and I'm not really a hockey fan) 3. See the Pirates win the World Series in my lifetime (I'm 53, the last time they won I was 21) 4. Go to the Daytona 500

If you are a wrestling fan from way back when I did get to attend the very first ever Bash at the Beach (wcw ppv) in Orlando.. The thing about this event was it was the FIRST time Hulk Hogan came back from retirement to join the WCW (before the nwo days) Hogan came back as the tradtional red and yellow hero and it pit him against The Nature Boy Ric Flair. Talking about a house divided.

If you are a wrestling fan from way back when I did get to attend the very first ever Bash at the Beach (wcw ppv) in Orlando.. The thing about this event was it was the FIRST time Hulk Hogan came back from retirement to join the WCW (before the nwo days) Hogan came back as the tradtional red and yellow hero and it pit him against The Nature Boy Ric Flair. Talking about a house divided.

LOL! Learn something new everyday! Did NOT KNOW you were a fan of those wrestling days!:cool:

Yea, I stopped watching sometime around the time WWF took over everyone and became wwe etc. Just lost interest. But the 80s and 90s I was a big fan. use to be a big to do when PPVs came around. We would invite people over have a cook out, and watch the show. Then they started coming on every dam month so they became really no big deal anymore as they lost meaning. When there were only a handful a year they really meant something and the stories became long and meaningful to build up to the event.

WWF started all that monthly PPV non-sense when there "In Your House" ppvs started. Really ruined the PPV from my opnion.

Yea, I stopped watching sometime around the time WWF took over everyone and became wwe etc. Just lost interest. But the 80s and 90s I was a big fan. use to be a big to do when PPVs came around. We would invite people over have a cook out, and watch the show. Then they started coming on every dam month so they became really no big deal anymore as they lost meaning. When there were only a handful a year they really meant something and the stories became long and meaningful to build up to the event.

WWF started all that monthly PPV non-sense when there "In Your House" ppvs started. Really ruined the PPV from my opnion.

Florida was once a HUGE hotbed for professional wrestling in the 70s and 80s....as well as Minnesota.

I remember that. It wasn't too long after that that Ric went to WWF

I have a few.

1. See my 49ers win their 6th Super Bowl
2. Go to a Yankees game at the new Yankees stadium(Went twice to old stadium)
3. See a Houston Rockets game
4. Actually attend a 49ers game, they play on east coast this season, so maybe this year.

1) Fenway is worth it - great spot!

2) You made me add one to my list - Wrigley! (preferably mets @ cubs)

I gotta tell ya. Wrigley has possible the best game day atmosphere of any ball park I have ever been to.

I would love to see a baseball game in Fenway Park and Wrigley Field

I have been there. It was great. I went back in I think 1996 and it was the second to last day of the season. The Astros played the Cubs and I wore my Reds shirt and hat. The Reds won the division that year. :)

I have been there. It was great. I went back in I think 1996 and it was the second to last day of the season. The Astros played the Cubs and I wore my Reds shirt and hat. The Reds won the division that year. :)

So you are one of those people that I make fun of at the hockey games that wear a teams jersey other than who is playing.

Saw several games at the Astrodome including one with Willie Mays in the mid 60's, saw Mike Scott pitch there as well...

I saw 2 games there back in the late 80's/early 90's.

I have also seen 2 games at the new stadium, whatever it is called now. Minute Maid I think..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)