ARRRGgg....I lost part of the Olympics (208 and 209)

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Out of the blue while watching 209, MSNBC, I lost the signal....

Tried resetting couple of times...and called Dish. 110 seems fine, 119 seems fine on even transponders, odd ones bad.

Dish sending new LNB, meanwhile CSR advised me switching the cable to other connection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

Dish Tech had me do a checkswith. I did a reset a couple of times with the power button. Moving cable did not help at all. Tried unplugging, and still no go.....

Dish is sending LNB second day air, and crediting my bill for not getting complete service....

But losing some Olympic coverage.......ARRRGGGGG

The same thing happened to mine the other day, but it was on 110. I lost the HD transponders. 17 and up I think (if I remember correctly) They told me they were going to send a new LNB but sent a new 811 instead. Worked like a champ.

Update, the channels (208 and 209) came back all by themselves....

But the 119 odd transponders (13, 15, 17, 19) still have weak signal. (My signal used to be about 80 when I checked. The odd transponders are all less than 50, and were in low 40s when I could not get 208 and 209.)

Edit: a few hours later the 119 odd transponders are in the 50s.

Edit2: Saturday morning, much cooler and the 119 odd transponers are in the high 50s, the even transponders are in the 90s.

We shall see if new LNB helps.

Your LNB wouldn't by chance be a Twin with CS9601 markings would it? Those have been recalled by E* and a phone call to them should get a new oen shipped for free.

Received my new LNB today from Dish. The 119 odd Transponders are back to better signal strength on my 811.....Today before 119-11 was 64, new one on 119-11 is now 94.

So old LNB had low signal strength on 119 odd transponders, marginal signal, and when it got really hot this last weekend, it was dropping out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)