charlie chat (1 Viewer)

goaliebob99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
14,481
517
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
im noticing a theme about the lack of hd.. so i think we need to swamp the next charlie chat with calls about hd.. so thats whats the next chat will be about... and keep it a common theme
 

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
5,692
3
Florissant, CO
I like it - but it won't work. E* reads these forums, so, by tomorrow, the caller screener will know to not let ANY HD calls through. Let's see what happens. :D
 

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
8,207
0
Orlando
NO!!!! For god sakes please don't do that!!!

Someone might kill themselves if they here Charlie give the ol' compelling speach again.
 

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
23,640
2,334
Norman, OK
If DIRECTV makes an announcement before the Charlie Chat, CC will be filled with HD soon coming from Dishnetwork. If DIRECTV has not made an announcement I bet all the HD calls are accidently disconnected...
 

Unthinkable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
205
0
SimpleSimon said:
I like it - but it won't work. E* reads these forums, so, by tomorrow, the caller screener will know to not let ANY HD calls through. Let's see what happens. :D

I'm not so sure on that one. Seems like once or twice every Charlie Chat or Tech Chat, someone invariably gets through and poses a question that catches everyone off guard for a few moments.
 

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
Everyone needs to tell the screeners they're gonna ask about new DVR promotions, or how to add programming via the web site, and stupid shite like that. Then, once on the air, ask questions about lack of HD programming; or all the channels D* has that E* doesn't (Specifically, NFL Network, Trio, Oxygen); or why the 811, 921, and 522 were released in such sorry shape and are taking so long to get working properly; or why every time you call CS, the CSR's have a different answer. You know...stuff like that.
 

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
317
0
GaryPen said:
Everyone needs to tell the screeners they're gonna ask about new DVR promotions, or how to add programming via the web site, and stupid shite like that. Then, once on the air, ask questions about lack of HD programming; or all the channels D* has that E* doesn't (Specifically, NFL Network, Trio, Oxygen); or why the 811, 921, and 522 were released in such sorry shape and are taking so long to get working properly; or why every time you call CS, the CSR's have a different answer. You know...stuff like that.


AMAN!!!!!

Well, I dont know about you guys but if D* releases a NEW Dish with 5 LNB's and has 20+ more Channels in HD, and its not the same repeative crap V* has. I will consider switching. Besides D* will have a Base DVR 40 gig with no fee's. I have a 510 and 810.5 so to me It would be worth it, I will pay the extra $75 to get the 140 gig DVD with a $5 fee. Again I am basing my opion on Rummored HW and Programming. Just food for thought. I am just sick of hearing my wife B!th!ng about the 811 evertime we try to use it. D* have any of these issue's with thier HD boxes.
 

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2004
156
2
I shall be there..never attended one of these..where can I find info as to how to enter into the chat?
 

Unthinkable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
205
0
mallu2u said:
I shall be there..never attended one of these..where can I find info as to how to enter into the chat?

Scott posts a link at the top of this site on the day of the Chat which will take you directly there.
 

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2004
156
2
So generally the Tech chat is the same day/Same time as Charlie Chat? Apologize of these are dumb Qs but I am kinda new to all this...
 

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
23,640
2,334
Norman, OK
mallu2u said:
So generally the Tech chat is the same day/Same time as Charlie Chat? Apologize of these are dumb Qs but I am kinda new to all this...

Yes, every few months (I think 3) they have a tech chat instead of a Charlie Chat.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
288
38
Mankato, MN
for a 3 month period, it goes
Charlie Chat
Tech Chat
Charlie Chat

So tech chats are in Feb, May, August, and October

2nd monday of the month
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
99,393
17,243
Newington, CT
Tommorow at Noon there is a retailer chat. :)

You can't watch it on TV (unless your a retailer) however you can find out whats going on at SatelliteGuys. :)
 

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2004
156
2
Thanks folks...now I shall keep track of the Charlie and Tech Chats. Are the chats on this forum at the same time of the Chalie/Tech chats or few days before?
 

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Oct 13, 2003
2,289
0
Generally, the last few (more than a few??) charlie chats have sucked. Nothing new, same old line of crap, and maybe some locals announced. Do a search for the old recaps. In fact, ever since they announced the HD superdish, then scrapped it, then added locals to it, the chats have gone downhill.

However!!! The sateliteguys online chat is fun! All the geeks on the board join in and yell and complain everytime charlie says something stupid, which is quite often. A fun game to play is take a drink of your favorite beverage whenever this happens :D
 

goaliebob99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
14,481
517
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
HokieEngineer said:
Generally, the last few (more than a few??) charlie chats have sucked. Nothing new, same old line of crap, and maybe some locals announced. Do a search for the old recaps. In fact, ever since they announced the HD superdish, then scrapped it, then added locals to it, the chats have gone downhill.

However!!! The sateliteguys online chat is fun! All the geeks on the board join in and yell and complain everytime charlie says something stupid, which is quite often. A fun game to play is take a drink of your favorite beverage whenever this happens :D



sing it brother!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D getting drunker by the moment.. witch is too often in this forum....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top