Art Bell Coast to Coast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Does anyone know if Bell or Noory is on satellite?? I think they use to be on c-band AMC-3 87w tp18 at one time..thought it might be uplinked on another bird somewhere..Thanks.

Does anyone know if Bell or Noory is on satellite?? I think they use to be on c-band AMC-3 87w tp18 at one time..thought it might be uplinked on another bird somewhere..Thanks.

Lucky,

I cannot say if Coast to Coast is on satellite, but....

I sure miss Art Bell from Pahrump, Nevada on Coast-to-Coast! He had an excellent show and I miss hearing about the Chupa-Cabras, Mel's Hole and the cat that plays the banjo! :D

The best episode was the man who had the "entity" trapped under his glass top coffee table. Art asked the man if he thought that the entity would be pissed at him if he ever got loose. The man replied... "OH! I didn't think about that. Yeah, he might be pretty mad at me!" LOL

Only Art can make that show interesting! I used to listen to it on my way home from work at midnight to 2 a.m.

It is all in fun, but only Art Bell can do the dialogue! He just has the voice and knack for it. He makes (made) it entertaining.

RADAR

Art still hosts from time to time when George is out. He was on a couple of weeks ago. He lives in Manila, Philippines now. I catch the first 30 minutes or so of the show on the way home from work each night.

I don't know of any satellite radio stations that broadcast the show. I know you can find some streaming on the internet though. I usually just look for a station that carries the show and then I'll go to their website and see if they also stream their signal on the net. I assume you could do the same to see if they broadcast via satellite as well.

wow took me back to the Y2K era, I remember listening to him back in 99 during that whole hoopla, If I remember correctly I tuned his show on some Tennessee radio station on the Country Music Channel on G5 but that was over a decade ago!

Hard to believe the whole Y2K thing was exactly 10 years ago. I still have hardware with "Y2K Compliant" stickers on it... How time does fly!

Hard to believe the whole Y2K thing was exactly 10 years ago. I still have hardware with "Y2K Compliant" stickers on it... How time does fly!

Seems like just two years ago, not ten! Doesn't it! I still run into those stickers at work, "this equipment is certified to be Y2K compliant"! LOL Lordy, we were working major overtime to ensure that all our PLCs were ready to make it through the change of the decade.

How about 2012 compliancy? :D Art Bell, where are you?

RADAR

wow took me back to the Y2K era, I remember listening to him back in 99 during that whole hoopla, If I remember correctly I tuned his show on some Tennessee radio station on the Country Music Channel on G5 but that was over a decade ago!

John,

Ole Art was pretty good! My brother and I used to listen to his show as we made our drive home (about an hour) around midnight. Today, my brother has chupa cabra information posted in the outhouse at his cabin.... "Please do not dangle fleshy appendages of the body in the chupa's cave!" :eek: LOL

RADAR

Yes..the show had some interesting times..many of us listening in Sept. of 1997 would certainly remember the Area 51 "outage"..spooky...BTW,for all my fellow hams on this site..Art's call letters are W6OBB..I understand that he has a FM station now..KYNE...I wish he would uplink it satellite and do the show again....very interesting man..

Yes..the show had some interesting times..many of us listening in Sept. of 1997 would certainly remember the Area 51 "outage"..spooky...BTW,for all my fellow hams on this site..Art's call letters are W6OBB..I understand that he has a FM station now..KYNE...I wish he would uplink it satellite and do the show again....very interesting man..

KYNE? That can't be right Lucky, that's our local PBS TV station in Omaha, NE (or at least one of them).

Check them call letters again. I'd like to know what station he does own.

RADAR

Lucky, I remember some of that, I know he came up missing, claimed the FBI or somebody was after him, etc. I'll do some research to and try to find out what really happened back then, I just thought he was tired of the radio business and made it all up so he could quit.

George Noory was on the History Channel the other day. On the UFO marathon.

He's pretty good on TV, but he is no where near as good as Art Bell on the radio!

RADAR

Yeah, I caught him on History the other day too. You know they actually did a TV show with SciFi, although I believe they only negotiated one episode and then couldn't work out a deal to make it full time. It was somewhat cheesy from what I remember of it. :)

KYNE? That can't be right Lucky, that's our local PBS TV station in Omaha, NE (or at least one of them).

Check them call letters again. I'd like to know what station he does own.

RADAR

Whoops..sorry,ur correct..its KNYE-95.1..oldies station..

Status
Please reply by conversation.