As streaming prices rise, cord-cutters are cutting back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If its got ads, then it isn't going to be watched on my tv. I have a data cap too even though I have fiber now and not gonna waste data on 20 mins of ads playing each hour. It's either ad free or dvr'd so I can skip the ads or I have my own copy.
Depending on how many ads per hour they have. Some apps are horrible and others not bad at all. I watched CBS News streaming as I missed the OTA CBS National news earlier. The breaks were down right awful. A series of ads after every news item. The ads took up more time than the news!. I tuned out of that after the second story.

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
First world problems, but I can only manage watching the same ad for something I don't need three times before it gets to be too annoying in a stream. No idea why they can't change the ads. So I typically don't give "free" stream much of a chance these days.

First world problems, but I can only manage watching the same ad for something I don't need three times before it gets to be too annoying in a stream. No idea why they can't change the ads. So I typically don't give "free" stream much of a chance these days.

Yeah, that gets grating quick. More than any ad the thing that bugs me most when I stream is ESPN's 'music' they play when they have no ads to show, not sure why it bothers me, it just does, lol.

I enjoy the TV I do watch, happy to pay a premium (recently adjusted things and upgraded my Paramount+ to ad free) to duck the ads.

n 2022, the number of canceled streaming subscriptions increased 49% compared to the prior year, according to the subscription analytics firm Antenna.

"Instead of going to cable, they're trying to be smarter about the services they subscribe to," said James Wilcox, senior electronics editor for Consumer Reports. "They're not going to subscribe for a year. They're going to subscribe for a month or two," binge watch a few shows, and then switch to another service.

While not an organization I'm a big fan of, yep, CR gets it right. That is the flaw in the unprofitable streaming business.

Nope waiting for the blank to be filled in.

"In 24, or 25, or whenever _________ will be different and thus streaming will be profitable."

Go ahead.