This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ASC1 Amazon 3-Year Warranty Question

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
Who actually does the warranty repairs for the Amazon optional 3-year warranty? Is it Titanium or the company mentioned on Amazon (Asurion, LLC)?

Probably works like car insurance. They'll just "total" it and cut you a check. So you are left to fix your own problem of not having a working dish mover anyway.

Reactions: Titanium
Probably works like car insurance. They'll just "total" it and cut you a check. So you are left to fix your own problem of not having a working dish mover anyway.

That's how it worked for the bad dehumidifier I bought on Amazon. Had to cut off 12" of the plug-end of the power cord, peel off the model number/serial number sticker and send both to the warranty place. Got a full refund.

Reactions: Titanium

That's exactly how it works. Though, you are very unlikely to have anything happen to it, that can't be fairly easily repaired. Beyond a direct lightning strike that is, and depending, even that might be repairable. Lightning strikes are magic... You never know what it's going to do, or NOT do.

I have a 32" TV that was given to me after a lightning strike knocked it out. Turned out to be nothing more that the external 12 volt power supply. I offered to give back the repaired TV, but the family didn't want it. (BTW: Just ordered 4 more vbox relays.)

Reactions: primestar31
What is your ASC1 doing to act up? ...or not doing?

Where do you get the vbox relays? I have one that has sticky relays. I also have a ASC1 as well. Thanks

Who actually does the warranty repairs for the Amazon optional 3-year warranty? Is it Titanium or the company mentioned on Amazon (Asurion, LLC)?
I have purchased a few of these plans on Amazon, most recently to extend the 1 year manufacturer's warranty of a convection oven to 3 years - only cost me $2.99. Here is a link to the FAQ for the plans. Extended Warranty FAQs | Asurion

P.S. Never had to use one yet so....

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium