Ashton Kutcher replace's Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see how they will write Kutcher into the story. Charlie's illegitimate son returning home? It won't be the same. This show was a story mostly about Charlie Sheen and the other characters were bit players in the background, including Allan ,his brother. I don't see it lasting .

I could easily think of 5 actors that would slip into Charlie's role, but not Kutcher. He's just too nice guy. However, I was also trying to think of shows that were written for a particular actor and then survived when the actor left, died or whatever. I could think of lots of examples where it quickly tanked, but could only come up with a single example where the show went on for several seasons afterward. That was The Andy Griffith Show/Mayberry RFD. I wonder if the thought is to try going an entirely different direction.

There are shows that have replaced lead actors, or at least major supporting actors (which Darrin?, Col Blake vs Potter, etc) but I am talking about shows that were written especially for one actor. Some of the ones I came up with that tanked were 10 Rules when John Ritter died, The Valerie Harper Show when the fired her and put in Sandy Duncan, Happy Days post Ron Howard, AfterMash, etc. Others in either catagory?

Ron Howard has stopped being the lead in Happy Days long before he left. The ratings were fine after he left. b ut again in that case the transition in leads had alredy taken place and it was clear that the public accepted it.

This is a big risk. I am not at all sure it will work. I will give it a chance but I am not optimistic.

I think this show has run its course anyway. There is only so many episodes you can do with Charlie womanizing, Alan being a wimp, and Jake being stupid.

Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite sitcoms (I watch the reruns regularly when I get a chance); I just think it has lost it luster a couple of years ago

From what I heard on tv and the xm radio morning show , they are now trying to appeal to the female audience and the youth crowd in picking Ashton Kutcher. So they have decided to abandon the male audience who watched and lived vicariously through Charlie Sheen for the female /youth crowd who liked Ashton's" That 70's show" and "Dude Where's My Car" boyish, goofiness with a pit of MTV's" PUNKED "to the mix. If that is true , I see the entire premise of the show changing and not for the better. I predict cancellation by early next season, if that is the case. Cbs shows tend to attract a more mature audience, even their comedy shows.

Supposedly it won't be Ashton for Charlie ala Darrin in Bewitched. He will most likely be Charlie's cousin or nephew or long lost brother that we never knew existed. After all Evelyn was a bit of a slut in her past life, so she could have a kid or two we don't know about . Maybe even a kid she gave up for adoption that is searching for his long lost mother and family. As for Charlie's character , it would be easy for Rose and him to elope and move to a Europe or out of the country. OR Rose could of kidnapped Charlie and he is never heard from again . She did have Charlie pursuing her most of this season, so he could be so smitten that he wouldn't mind leaving with Rose and waiting for her divorce from "Manny Quin" to come through so he could marry her. OR Charlie could of died during some crazy sex act with Rose and left the house to Allan and the long lost brother comes to live with him. It could work ,but the entire premise would change about this show.

The Valerie Harper Show when the fired her and put in Sandy Duncan, Happy Days post Ron Howard, AfterMash, etc. Others in either catagory?
The Hogan Family show survived because it had only been out for 1 year, and as such it was easy for fans to adapt.
Happy Days survived because it had long since transitioned from being a Ron Howard show to an ensamble show, so could absorb the loss of the main character.
AfterMash was interesting, because the show was so different from Mash, as in different types of stories, and completely different setting. As it was, it did really good it's first year, but tanked the second when it was moved opposite to the A-Team.

For 2 1/2 Men though, the loss of Sheen will kill it, as he was the show for so long, and it never really was an ensamble show.

Last edited:
OR Charlie could of died during some crazy sex act with Rose and left the house to Allan and the long lost brother comes to live with him. It could work ,but the entire premise would change about this show.

Given the number of title cards Chuck Lorre has devoted to slamming Charlie Sheen, I would be willing to bet that not only does he kill off Charlie, but he does it in such a manner that will be funny and extremely degrading to boot.

Given the number of title cards Chuck Lorre has devoted to slamming Charlie Sheen, I would be willing to bet that not only does he kill off Charlie, but he does it in such a manner that will be funny and extremely degrading to boot.

Considering that Rose already Super glued his junk to his stomach in earlier episodes , when Chuck Lorre actually liked Charlie Sheen , I can only imagine the way he will go out.:eek:

Charlie already left the country in the last episode of last season.

Seaon ended (a bit early as it turns out) with Charlie and rose headed for Europe. All he has to do is just not come back. Charlie never wwas big on the whole responsibility thing.

CBS talks "Two and a Half Men"
By Joanne Ostrow
Denver Post Television Critic
POSTED: 08/03/2011 10:22:57 AM MDT
UPDATED: 08/03/2011 10:23:07 AM MDT

LOS ANGELES - CBS lifted the veil of secrecy on Ashton Kutcher's character on "Two and a Half Men," talking to the Television Critics Association meeting here.

Kutcher plays Walden Schmidt, an internet billionaire with a broken heart and it will be a two-parter over two weeks, according to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler.

Tassler declined to confirm the much rumored idea that Charlie Sheen's character is dead and buried in the season premiere, saying "the mystery is part of the marketing."

Asked what she learned from the debacle of "Two and a Half Men," Tassler replied, "where do I begin?"

She avoided talk of Sheen's very public meltdown, noting on the plus side that "there is great value in hiring an actor like Ashton Kutcher. A professional, talented gifted actor who comes with tremendous commitment and enthusiasm."

The show will be "as irreverent as it has always been, our Program Practices people (ie. censors) are already on high alert."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)