Ashton Kutcher replace's Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I like Rose, but they need to write her out of the show. This shouldn't be like NYPD Blue, where the girlfriend gets passed down from Caruso to Jimmy Smits.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
'Two and a Half Men's' Ashton Kutcher vs. Charlie Sheen Ratings: Who's #Winning?
No Charlie Sheen? No Problem!

Monday night's Sheen-less premiere of Two and a Half Men, delivered eye balls. Nearly 28 million people tuned in to catch Ashton Kutcher’s debut as Internet billionaire Walden Schmidt in the CBS show’s revamped version.

PHOTOS: Ashton Kutcher's Career In Pictures

That's nearly 90 percent jump from last season's premiere episode, which had 14.6 million viewers total viewers. Though the show has always been a ratings juggernaut (last year it averaged 13.3 million viewers, making it the most-watched comedy on TV), Sheen has never delivered those numbers. His highest-rated Men show came in the second season when over 24 million people tuned in to the show’s May 16, 2005 episode. And, by the end of the last season, amidst Sheen's high-profile meltdown, which resulted in his firing from the show, viewers seemed to have soured. Season 8's finale (Sheen's final show for the series) tied a season-low with 14.5 million tuning in.

PHOTOS: Charlie Sheen's Wacky Twit Pics

In comparison, American Idol averaged 25 million viewers last season, nearly 20 million people tuned in to watch each episode of ABC's Dancing With the Stars Season 12, while the second season of Fox's Glee hovered around 11 million watchers each week, and CBS' stalwart CSI (in it's 11th season) averaged 12.7 million.

Almost immediately after the episode ended, critics weighed in on Kutcher's first show, which saw not only the death of Sheen’s Charlie Harper (by subway train no less), and the introduction of Schmidt (who purchases Harper’s home after showing up on its doorstep following a failed suicide attempt) but also the return of familiar faces, namely, Jon Cryer’s Alan and Angus T. Jones’ Jake. It was expected that the first Sheen-less episode would draw large numbers of viewers due to the curiosity factor, but time will tell how the ratings hold up.

PHOTO: Charlie Sheen, Ashton Kutcher Bond Backstage at Emmys

The Hollywood Reporter's chief TV critic, Tim Goodman said he believes Sheen will get the last laugh after watching the reboot, writing "his new show – if it ever happens – will be exponentially funnier than the laugh-free 22 minutes from last night." Of Kutcher's performance he wrote, "I couldn’t quite figure out if Kutcher was going for vacant, naïve, nerdy or astonishingly dumb (for a character who is a billionaire), because I’ll never watch this show by choice again."USA Today's Robert Bianco was less harsh, saying, "Change is always hard, but in this case change was both unavoidable and for the best. What fans have to hope Kutcher brings to the mix, aside from a new character, is a new energy and a better balance.”
PHOTOS: Charlie Sheen Tour
Newsday's Verne Gay noted that there was nothing for viewers to truly latch onto. “Last night was neither terrible, nor good. It just was,” he wrote. “Here's a reasonably safe assumption about Ashton Kutcher's first outing on Two and a Half Men last night: If you never watched the show before, or watched it and dismissed it, then there was nothing here to make you change your mind.”VIDEO: Charlie Sheen Roast: 10 Things Seen and Heard at the Comedy Central Event.The pros weren’t the only ones to offer up their opinions. Viewers also took to the internet to give their take on the episode. "Although Two and a Half Men isn't the same without Charlie Sheen, I think Ashton and Jon are off to great start! Hilarious season premiere!," viewer Kristine tweeted.Though many fans disagreed. So Klassik wrote: "WTH! Two and a Half Men was absolutely Horrible. This thing WILL and SHOULD be cancelled ASAP!! Charlie Sheen IS the show. Won't watch again."Gali Hogan Sweetness echoed his thoughts, tweeting, “Just finish watching Two and half Men....it was funny but only because of Alan...they should forgive Charlie Sheen and take him back.” It will be interesting to see whether Men can hold on to its viewers, or if the show’s huge opener was merely a case of curiosity.
'Two and a Half Men's' Ashton Kutcher vs. Charlie Sheen Ratings: Who's #Winning? - Yahoo! TV <<<<for videos go to that link

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Though the show has always been a ratings juggernaut (last year it averaged 13.3 million viewers, making it the most-watched comedy on TV), Sheen has never delivered those numbers.

Really? I think a lot more people tuned-in to find out what happened to Sheen's character than they did to see Ashton whatshisface. Apparently the author of this article completely forget to mention this fact. I betcha 28 millions people wouldn't have tuned into last night's show if it weren't for Sheen having an epic public meltdown. ;)

B_Kranski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2007
Holmen, WI
I think the writers are good, I will stayed tuned yet unless the show starts to suck. I always watch alot of shows early in the season and I then start deleting shows from the DVR schedule.

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I still have very mix feelings about AK in 2 & 1/2 Men...Some of what I was worried about came true in the first episode. AK always tends to play kind of the "goof" character, and that kind of what he played on this show. It didn't make a lot of sense either...in one way AK is a billionaire, who seemed to be very intelligent, but on the other hand he's rather stupid. Charlie was never really stupid. He was uncaring and self center at times, but never stupid. Allan, on the other hand, was at times just a fool. Charlie playing off of Jake made the show, IMO. Angus is a great young actor, who seemed very real in his part. Some of the most boring episodes were when Jake had only a few lines in the beginning and at the end of the show, IMO.

I just don't understand the dynamics of Allan and Walden relationship will be...Is Allan going to be Walden's teacher of life, so that will be reason Walden keeps him and Jake around? I guess I'll just have to do like all of you and sit back and keep watching for a few more episodes...I say by the 5th episode we should know how it's going. And by the 5th episode we should see if the ratings start a downward trend or not.

It's very disappointing. Except for the one year where they had Charlie involved with Mia and getting ready to marry her, I thought all the other seasons were great. I thought last season was getting back on track to the way the show was...guess I was wrong.

Ghpr13:(

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Stephanie jacoben ina bikini was not so bad. But I am iffy on this. Not killing the timer yet but considering it.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Geronimo said:
Stephanie jacoben ina bikini was not so bad. But I am iffy on this. Not killing the timer yet but considering it.

Yeah, but that was about a minute. The other 22 were horrible.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
It's not going to work...I still say besides Charlie's "Ladies", Jake, together with Charlie, made that program what it was...Last nights episode had Jake for what, all of 45 seconds? Alan & Walden are too similar, both rather dumb and timid. Charlie was strong will and always thinking, even if he was only thinking of himself...I think I smile once last night...It's turned into a very predictable sitcom like 99% of the rest.

RIP Two & 1/2 Men!:tombstone:

Ghpr13:(

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Notice they keep bringing back the same women to play different roles? Walden's wife is the same actress that played Judith's sister

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)