assembly manual for TEK2000 12 footer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Either I didn't get a manual or I lost it or one wasn't provided. I don't see anything on the TEK2000 website for downloadable manuals. Anyone have an assembly manual for this antenna?

It's interesting that they say to install the panels with the hub mounted. And that the last panel to be installed is the top most panel.

I would not follow their panel assembly recommendation. It is all but impossible to form a perfect parabola if assembling panels onto a pole mounted dish. I guarantee that it would not pass a string test.

It is best to assemble the reflector panels face down on a perfectly flat surface with the center plate supported by a bucket or other appropriate height item. Tighten the panel hardware, flip the reflector over (face up) and string test with at least six strings to verify that they all lightly touch prior to installing the reflector on the mount.

Hi All,

When I purchased my dish from Tek2000 last fall, it came with no assembly instructions, just a “blown up” diagram of the dish. When I emailed the owner about the lack of more detailed instructions, he said they were in the process of making more complete instruction manuals for all their dishes.
Apparently he’s still working on it ??
Great dish BTW.

John

Hi All,

When I purchased my dish from Tek2000 last fall, it came with no assembly instructions, just a “blown up” diagram of the dish. When I emailed the owner about the lack of more detailed instructions, he said they were in the process of making more complete instruction manuals for all their dishes.
Apparently he’s still working on it ??
Great dish BTW.

John
I wouldn't wait for that manual. That's the same thing they told me when I bought one of their first dishes. I think that was back in 2014 so... ;)

Reactions: JFOK and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)