AT-9 and MPEG4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
raggededge said:
He is probably attenuating the signal on his birdog, I had to do the same thing on my satellite finder. Otherwise, you get to high a signal and you cannot fine tune it accurately enough.

BTW, I get 96 on the 99 degree satellite.
what do you have on all of the others? That is awfully high on the 99*. And where are you located?

damaged said:
Actually, D* only has 3 transponders on that sat, every area will only see 3 max. :)
My 99 sat sux ... finally had time to check it.
20, 73, 58, 47, 25, 0

So does this mean I may not get my Tigers and Red Wings in HR (Mpeg4) ???
My 103 aren't great either
55, 0, 0, 96, 56, 97

Of course if there is nothing on these transponders these numbers may not matter.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
My 99 sat sux ... finally had time to check it.
20, 73, 58, 47, 25, 0

So does this mean I may not get my Tigers and Red Wings in HR (Mpeg4) ???
My 103 aren't great either
55, 0, 0, 96, 56, 97

Of course if there is nothing on these transponders these numbers may not matter.

Jimbo

I suspect some of those numbers may be from transponders for neighboring spotbeams, hence the low numbers.

raoul5788 said:
I suspect some of those numbers may be from transponders for neighboring spotbeams, hence the low numbers.
Good point,
I was thinking about the possibility of the channels I would be getting are the ones on the higher numbers, keeping in mind I don't know what transponers the FSN-D is shown on.

Also waiting for a good thunder storm :yes

Jimbo

Don't go nuts over signal levels on your meters.

I install DTV and have for years. It is normal for all the transponders to have different signal levels and change all the time. Think..........70 is an installation minimum.

With the H models (HD) add 20 to the signal on your meter.....70 + 20 = 90.
I don't know why but no amount of tuning will improve it. Look at a D monal connected to the same dish. You will see 20 points higher.

HR models (recorders) will have two signal levels. One for each of the TWO sat lines. These will go up to 99 but also will change.

If every other transponder number is missing you have a problem. Probably a failed LNB or cut cable.

Don't go nuts with the numbers. Picture starts to leave in the 20s during big storms.

Joe

paulman182 said:
I have read in several places that the H20 reads about 20 points lower than a D11, but my HR20 readings are about the same as my R15s/D11.
The H-20 is the only one that reads differently from the others.
The HR20-700 is back to what we consider normal numbers, 90's if possible.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts