AT&T and Verizon say 4 mbps is fast enough to be called "broadband"

Right now i'm using a modem I got from a beta test on 1 line (modem/router combo), and on the other is a moto 2210n in bridged with a TPL Archer C9 (which i'm not sure is even available in the states yet).
I connect at 8124kbps / 512kbps.
Then (8100 sync) you are updated / over provisioned.
That all started with the 3 meg service before the buy out FYI.
( over provision/ 80% )
The number for 3 meg service was pushed to 3552.
That's when AM radio interference discovery was a real problem and loss of sync over storms ((what I called thunderstruck ) and proper prem grounding became the chase.

And I see you say loop length has been cut.. So I assume no bridge taps either.

Boy youre in the middle of it all ... And for real.

Currently Get 22 meg for a 18 meg sold service line.
So not always correct .

Your the rare exception.

I was supposed to get 18 and they can only deliver 12. So they got me on the 12 meg plan.

I have been selling Internet to people for years. Usually they will promise a higher speed and then lower the package based on what they can deliver.

Thank god I got 150 Meg's with comcast and this is just my backup.

Your the rare exception.

I was supposed to get 18 and they can only deliver 12. So they got me on the 12 meg plan.

I have been selling Internet to people for years. Usually they will promise a higher speed and then lower the package based on what they can deliver.

Thank god I got 150 Meg's with comcast and this is just my backup.

(Like I posted before)
Do you know this?
192.168.1.254. ( look @ line stats)
Modem page.
There are TWO pages now on availability per the reps @ least down here at this call center ( wife )
1st page shows on the screen ... Say your 12 meg..
Next page if rep is pushed or in upper tier csr/ uverse support.
Will show more of a reality.
(( availability tool )
I'm maxed out 18 per their page a CX can see for instance with no available upgrade
Not true, I can get 24 or if bonded prob a nice percentage of 45 meg.
( line stats have me seeing over 50)
Line techs verified while standing at the VRAD with me on phone.

=Max User Rate51662 kbs
( from modem broadband stat page @ 192.168.1.254)

I personally think the systems are still a mess due to acquisition of bellsouth territory down here and never fixed. Who knows what the rest of the 22 states sees, so I'd be scared to type it.

BTW yeah I know you are still slinging this mess, just surprised to see you say D treats you better now days, when for years it was the opposite.
I have the opposite sentiment BTW.
Dish never owned me a dime
D? Lord have mercy don't get me started... Malone / rup ruined it brother.
-----

We just ran neighbors address. ( 20 ft away)
Guess what it says? = 6 meg only available
(Smh)
Here's another kicker.. Since April 2011 and EF4 we are brand new from the VRAD and including drops to home(s)
So system says I'm 18 and can't go higher.. Next door can only get 6.. And so on..
BUT line is good to 50.??
Go figure.

Last edited:
Dish owes me about 4 million dollars
Lord have mercy
Sorry I ask / and made heat rise.

I wont touch a residential acct for a soul anymore.
( sale one or even refer as a CX either!! = principle)
The lottery has better odds.
Became a con game with shysters around every corner.
No thanks.. Ethics and integrity mean more than a dollar to me.
That's why if you look in the threads around these "people" here made me laugh all night long trying to say I'm a drunk liar.
They couldn't sit fresh & clean in my truck and I da** know it.
Have a good one Claude or as i Used to say " Maude" ;)
Bless ya!

Lord have mercy
Sorry I ask / and made heat rise.

I wont touch a residential acct for a soul anymore.
( sale one or even refer as a CX either!! = principle)
The lottery has better odds.
Became a con game with shysters around every corner.
No thanks.. Ethics and integrity mean more than a dollar to me.
That's why if you look in the threads around these "people" here made me laugh all night long trying to say I'm a drunk liar.
They couldn't sit fresh & clean in my truck and I da** know it.
Have a good one Claude or as i Used to say " Maude" ;)
Bless ya!
You should see my Twitter account where AT&T support has been dm'ing me about my main (first line) of dsl going over the data cap every month. Yeah, that's right...at&t "claims" I'm using more than 150 gig of data on one line...
I sit and play bf4 on ps4 for days, 6 or 7 hours each day on the 2nd DSL line and it says I can't view usage because I haven't even hit 100 gig. That's since the 2nd line was installed in 2012. I've had the main dsl line since 2008, and December of 2013 they started saying I went over my cap. In March 2014 they started adding extra 50 gig data packs $10 per 50.
I finally complained enough to find out that tech says I've never gone over my data cap, but billing says I go over almost every month.
Figure that ....lol

You should see my Twitter account where AT&T support has been dm'ing me about my main (first line) of dsl going over the data cap every month. Yeah, that's right...at&t "claims" I'm using more than 150 gig of data on one line...
I sit and play bf4 on ps4 for days, 6 or 7 hours each day on the 2nd DSL line and it says I can't view usage because I haven't even hit 100 gig. That's since the 2nd line was installed in 2012. I've had the main dsl line since 2008, and December of 2013 they started saying I went over my cap. In March 2014 they started adding extra 50 gig data packs $10 per 50.
I finally complained enough to find out that tech says I've never gone over my data cap, but billing says I go over almost every month.
Figure that ....lol
Has a man name *Joe ever contacted you over the years?
Man - you are the 1st one I've seen with this cap craziness.

I wonder ( something I'd have research .. Cause I don't know)
But.. If your config is causing the cap problem to register wrong.
2 PAID dry loops = 300.. (?)

What's even worse in my eyes is copper has 150 cap and then there is 250 on ip delivery uverse per their own website Last I checked.
Ask wife beside me just now also...She said meeting last week has supervisors speaking on 250 caps
Like its across the board. ( smh )
Sooo
See what i meant about the 9 state buy out states and why I say Hail to south central bell !!
Look @ my line and next door says 6 only..:confused:

Like I said.. I'm going to do my thAng .. ( no guarantee) and see.
( prob tues and if THE man isn't tangible..
It might have to go through that proprietary e-mail BS some. ( takes time and noise)
I won't ask for full Address either if i PM you but will need to isolate pretty close. ( VRAD upgrade table)

Btw how many homes close to you?
Are you in the old part ( Gods country) or new area of development.?

I know one thing don't speed through Harpersville. Coming this way :D

Has a man name *Joe ever contacted you over the years?
Man - you are the 1st one I've seen with this cap craziness.

I wonder ( something I'd have research .. Cause I don't know)
But.. If your config is causing the cap problem to register wrong.
2 PAID dry loops = 300.. (?)

What's even worse in my eyes is copper has 150 cap and then there is 250 on ip delivery uverse per their own website Last I checked.
Ask wife beside me just now also...She said meeting last week has supervisors speaking on 250 caps
Like its across the board. ( smh )
Sooo
See what i meant about the 9 state buy out states and why I say Hail to south central bell !!
Look @ my line and next door says 6 only..:confused:

Like I said.. I'm going to do my thAng .. ( no guarantee) and see.
( prob tues and if THE man isn't tangible..
It might have to go through that proprietary e-mail BS some. ( takes time and noise)
I won't ask for full Address either if i PM you but will need to isolate pretty close. ( VRAD upgrade table)

Btw how many homes close to you?
Are you in the old part ( Gods country) or new area of development.?

I know one thing don't speed through Harpersville. Coming this way :D
I got some numbers but I don't recognize Joe...I got a friend named Robert B. He left F'Ville for Chelsea.
My area is Fville. I'm real close to the school (1 mile).
You are about the 4th person who told me they've never heard of a DSL account going over the cap. I had 2 techs tell me they had been installing dsl for 15 years and they've never heard of anyone hitting a cap, and they said they didn't even know a cap existed but on uverse.

And yeah, that speed trap has always been bad.
I'm in an old part but there are sub divisions all over the place with multi million homes...cane creek sub for example has FTTC.

Actually "up to" doesn't apply in this case.
"Up to" represents anything below flood stage so it always applies. It is unlikely that anyone is going to sue for broadband that is too fast. They can sue for something that doesn't meet specifications but when the specifications are noncommittal, you don't have solid ground to base a suit on.

If they're putting a hard ceiling on your connection (something they won't likely admit) that is well below the "up to", that's a whole other can of worms.

"Up to" represents anything below flood stage so it always applies. It is unlikely that anyone is going to sue for broadband that is too fast. They can sue for something that doesn't meet specifications but when the specifications are noncommittal, you don't have solid ground to base a suit on. If they're putting a hard ceiling on your connection (something they won't likely admit) that is well below the "up to", that's a whole other can of worms.
Actually 'up to' represents the maximum of your DSL tier, which would be 7Mbps in a 3-7Mbps tier. As stated, we aren't even getting the minimum, so 'up to' does not apply. We are simply talking about a company not providing the minimum of service that they contracted. Once corporate got involved, they did four days of testing and stated "we will give you 3.3Mbps and we can maintain it there". The specifications are not non-committal because corporate stated there is no reason that we should not be getting 3.3Mbps and we can make sure that you get it. They are not putting a hard cap on the speed. They just don't fix anything. Techs have admitted they have no intention of replacing old copper lines since they are focusing on FIOS, which we had also been promised and were patiently waiting for. Problem with that is corporate stated to us that they have no intention of bringing FIOS to our area. If another option became available we would leave Verizon in heartbeat, but they are all that's available here and they know it.

Actually 'up to' represents the maximum of your DSL tier, which would be 7Mbps in a 3-7Mbps tier. As stated, we aren't even getting the minimum, so 'up to' does not apply.
There is no minimum in an "up to" scenario. No broadband provider will guarantee you an absolute minimum bandwidth.

There is no minimum in an "up to" scenario. No broadband provider will guarantee you an absolute minimum bandwidth.
Why do you insist on talking about 'up to'? I did not say up to and neither did they - you did. They offered 3-7Mbps not 0-7Mbps. Funny, I don't remember you being there during the calls to and from corporate at Verizon. I'm telling you that, after years of problems, corporate investigated and told us we would get 3.3Mbps and they could maintain that speed. That is a promise, also known as a guarantee, one of many that haven't been kept. You can argue the point all you want and but it doesn't change what was said by them.

Perhaps you could offer a link that shows that Verizon is offering you both an upper and lower speed limit?
Perhaps you could offer a link showing that you lived with us the last few years, received the service we received and participated in all of our conversations with representatives, techs and Verizon corporate to try to resolve all the issues we've had? What happened has been stated - whether or not you choose to believe it is not our concern. Have a nice evening!

Last edited:
Ice......cçce. N coooool:cool:
I'm "up to" but Over N out.
Sssss...pshhhh
;)
Everybody smile!

(18 meg uverse wireless Nexus 9 lollipop .. Life saver.... Loli. )

Attachments

• 1421725810178.jpg
    1421725810178.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 176
Nope. Back on Milos sweet tea again and just finished a porterhouse off the grill( warm here for January )
Funny though..(drunk ref & right on time ! )
I saw me and against "them" in replay evolving......
so that / the word play ....was an attempt @ some dry ice so to speak..( quick cool down ..) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)