AT&T/Directv bundle discount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have Directv and AT&T Uverse Internet service. I thought I was entitled to a $5 a month bundle discount...about a month ago I called AT&T (which I dread doing) spent a ton of time with a rep who said she had enrolled me in the discount, gave her my Directv acct. #...well, I'm still waiting for the discount. May call back today!
Anyone have any advice or have had success with this? thanks.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I called a couple of times, spent literally an hour on the phone trying to get the discount, had it applied to my bill retroactively (they applied 3 months worth of the $5 credit at one time for a total of $15 one month) in October, then in November I again didn't have the credit.

At this point I've decided that it isn't really worth the hassle anymore- I did get $15 credit, but to call again would only result in frustration.

I know you need to speak with AT&T as no D* reps are able to apply this credit from what I've been told more than once.

I think you have to purchase the system through AT&T. Can't purchase through DirecTV then add the 'bundle' to AT&T. I'm surprised a few folks apparently got some discount in doing it that way!

I think you have to purchase the system through AT&T. Can't purchase through DirecTV then add the 'bundle' to AT&T. I'm surprised a few folks apparently got some discount in doing it that way!

There was a thread on the other forum about this discount working even if you already had DirecTV. I, like you, was skeptical.....and haven't tried. dfecarter....if you get it to work, please post what worked, and I will follow in your footsteps!

When I switched from overpriced COMCAST phone service to QWEST phone service I bundled my DIRECTV bill onto my QWEST phone and Internet bill. It worked fine. I had DIRECTV for about 12 years before I bundled it with QWEST.

does anyone get it with having AT&T internet only (not land line phone)? along with qualifying Directv package of course?

I called AT&T to make a change my phone service and they tried to sell me DTV. When I told them I already had it, they said if I commit to keeping it for at least 12 months, they will apply a $5 mo. credit to my bill. They confirmed it doesn't extend my current commitment which has 18 months on it due to an equipment upgrade. The credit showed up 2 billing cycles later. I love $5 mo. off for doing nothing!

Well AT&T tells me they won't give me this discount because I "only" have internet with them, therefore they can't process my discount and "opt me in" even though I have qualifying level of Directv programming - have given up...for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)