AT&T/Dish Network Rant- Need Help!!

lrietz

Original poster
In October, I switched from Comcast back to Dish Newtork (through AT&T) because they were offering a good deal on their Phone/Internet/Satellite package. I was offered 6 months free HD, 6 months free basic service ($35/month of of my bill), and 3 free months of Cinimax/HBO. I had to sign up for a 24 month contract in order to get this, but I was ok with this since I was very unhappy with the services I was getting with Comcast. After I received my first bill, I noticed that the $35/month credit was not on my bill, so I called AT&T to get it added. After talking with a couple different CSR's I was able to find one that understood what I was talking about and agreed that I should be getting the credit. They added notes to their screens and said the credits would take effect soon. Well a few months later and still no credits. Call back again today and talked to a CSR and her supervisor. They both tell me that this was never something they could have offered me as it was not available when I signed up. This is news to me because the last two people told me I was getting it. After a heated conversation the supervisor offered me two free months but said I could not have the 6 months, even though he admitted the previous two CSR's said it was available. I did not take his "deal". Now I feel like I am stuck in a contract and I am getting screwed over. What recource do I have? I am sure I could call back again and get a differrent supervisor who will say yes on the phone, but I will not end up getting the credits. Is there anything I can do to get out of this contract I agreed to? Thanks for any advice, and sorry if I got a little long winded, as I am very upset!!

In October, I switched from Comcast back to Dish Newtork (through AT&T) because they were offering a good deal on their Phone/Internet/Satellite package. I was offered 6 months free HD, 6 months free basic service ($35/month of of my bill), and 3 free months of Cinimax/HBO. I had to sign up for a 24 month contract in order to get this, but I was ok with this since I was very unhappy with the services I was getting with Comcast. After I received my first bill, I noticed that the $35/month credit was not on my bill, so I called AT&T to get it added. After talking with a couple different CSR's I was able to find one that understood what I was talking about and agreed that I should be getting the credit. They added notes to their screens and said the credits would take effect soon. Well a few months later and still no credits. Call back again today and talked to a CSR and her supervisor. They both tell me that this was never something they could have offered me as it was not available when I signed up. This is news to me because the last two people told me I was getting it. After a heated conversation the supervisor offered me two free months but said I could not have the 6 months, even though he admitted the previous two CSR's said it was available. I did not take his "deal". Now I feel like I am stuck in a contract and I am getting screwed over. What recource do I have? I am sure I could call back again and get a differrent supervisor who will say yes on the phone, but I will not end up getting the credits. Is there anything I can do to get out of this contract I agreed to? Thanks for any advice, and sorry if I got a little long winded, as I am very upset!!

If the last CSR admitted that the credit notations had been made, that CSR should have given you the credit!
You need to contact the public service commission in your area and explain your case. The PSC does not appreciate the "bate and switch" routine one little bit.

Contact the PUC or the FCC. They have your back. Was the supervisor you spoke with nice or unhelpful? If so, call back and be very polite to the CSR and ask to speak with a Supervisor because the CSR is not going to be able to issue a credit in that high of an amount. I can tell you though, the CSR will not give two craps about your problem unless you briefly explain the issue to them and then nicely ask to speak with a supervisor.

If it's just your word against the CSR you don't have a chance. You need to get things in writing or have some sort of ad material to substantiate your claim. You can yell and be mad till the cows come home but unless you have proof you're out of luck unless some manger or supervisor takes pity on you. You can claim bait-and-switch all you want but you need proof. THERE HAS TO BE A PAPER TRAIL for the PSC to be of any help.

Tried Again

So I tried again last night to get the credit, and I spoke with a CSR that actually took the time to listen to what I said. The previous CSR and supervisor just wanted to make excuses as to why I didn't get the credit. This CSR said that I should defenitley be getting it and would push it through again. The problem earlier was that the supervisor didn't think I qualified because I was not in the Detroit market (which I am). She said he didn't read the fine print where my area code was included in the offer. I am keeping my fingers crossed again.

I am glad you got it fixed. I checked on that and it was offered. I think sometimes it is a gamble on which CSR you get. I have dish through ATT and the two do not know what the other offer. I got Free HD for a year but had a problem , because Dish was only doing 6 months. A Dish CSR told me any deal ATT offer will not show up on their screen. That may have been the problem. The is the last month for the Six HD month deal, I will find out if the problem was corrected this month. I saved all my paper work and the offer thank goodness. Just remember they are two companies are still separate, and offer many deals the other may not be aware. It is not an exuse for the problem by any means, it just makes it harder on the customer to talk to the right person, which I feel really should not happen no matter how many companies are involved.

AT&T is terrible

I have had trouble with AT&T in the past and do not recommend the company to anyone at all. After two weeks of trying to get credit for long distance charged to me from a different phone number I canceled everything that I had with AT&T. Good luck to you but they stink.

I have had trouble with AT&T in the past and do not recommend the company to anyone at all. After two weeks of trying to get credit for long distance charged to me from a different phone number I canceled everything that I had with AT&T. Good luck to you but they stink.

Read in the local paper (aka. the communist manifesto) that 574 people were launching a class action suit in Florida over issues with AT&T. Had to do with lack of service and repair. The suit was started by people complaining to some gubment entity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)