AT&T Home Zone

Depends on where you live. AT&T CSR recently told me it won't be available "in the northeastern states for a while". He couldn't/wouldn't comment further.....

cosmo_kramer said:
Depends on where you live. AT&T CSR recently told me it won't be available "in the northeastern states for a while". He couldn't/wouldn't comment further.....
And I doubt it will ever be available in any northeastern state other than Connecticut (the only one that's SBC/AT&T territory). Arkansas, OTOH, is another story...

Now if only Dish would hurry up and release their ISP-agnostic VIP service! :D

[If such a thing exists]

RIRWIN1983 said:
not true, they are in ohio, michigan, ect. ect..
"Northeast" usually doesn't mean anything south or west of Pennsylvania (such as the old Ameritech region); when you get up there, the only SBC/AT&T territory is Connecticut (SNET). Being from one of the original Southwestern Bell states, I certainly know where SBC/AT&T's territory is.

RBBrittain said:
"Northeast" usually doesn't mean anything south or west of Pennsylvania (such as the old Ameritech region); when you get up there, the only SBC/AT&T territory is Connecticut (SNET). Being from one of the original Southwestern Bell states, I certainly know where SBC/AT&T's territory is.

it wasent ment to be an insult, just that the term northeast is thrown around way too much, and alot of times ohio gets thrown into that "region" when you look at a ne usa radar map, there we are, alot of companies consider ohio part of their ne district/region, ect.... ohio is one of those states that falls into too many regions. great lakes region, midwest,northeast,ect....

the funny thing is, if you look up say a phone number from ohio that used to be an ameritech number, it will still say its owned by ameritech. when we all know they are long and gone. heck when i had my local phone installed at our new house, on the pole the guy used a grey ameritech box to hook us up with. everytime the name changes i dont think it realy does as far as the puco is conserned. i guess techinically im still ohio bell, lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)