At&t Homezone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yes it does

Great! I love it! Install 1000+ dishes AND wait 1.5 hours for download. I'll do three of those bad boys in the AM.. I can't wait :D

Tell me, what are your thoughts on them? From what I can tell so far after looking at the remote to one of them all I see is a trouble call waiting to happen.

Last edited:
1.5 hours? Are you nuts???????

I've done 3 so far and it *maybe* took 45 minutes to download. And yes, I'll admit the remote is really, REALLY funky. And the MENU...ugh. It's nice...but damn is it completely different than anything else that Dish has out there.

I'm not a big fan of AT&T/Dish asking the installers to verify DSL connectivity. Uh-uh! No way! Not this installer! LOL Not unless I'm getting paid more than just to hook up 2 televisions.

1.5 hours? Are you nuts???????

I've done 3 so far and it *maybe* took 45 minutes to download. And yes, I'll admit the remote is really, REALLY funky. And the MENU...ugh. It's nice...but damn is it completely different than anything else that Dish has out there.

I'm not a big fan of AT&T/Dish asking the installers to verify DSL connectivity. Uh-uh! No way! Not this installer! LOL Not unless I'm getting paid more than just to hook up 2 televisions.

Well 45 minutes isn't too bad, still stupid as hell though.

DSL connectivity...... next thing you know after you leave the customer calls up and says their computer is running slower since you were out there... DING!

Homezone

ATT is just starting a major roll out of the homeZone product, It will be a TIVO on Steriods with tons of new features. Visit 2wire.com for specs. This rollout involves both DISH and ATT through their joint venture.

It will be better that what DIRECT currently has and allow DISH to compete better with the Cable companies.

Unit is tight, yes the remote is different and when combine w ATT High speed internet you will be able to remotely program the unit from any internet cannection you are at. Plus load you own pics and music to view remotely. Just the TIP of the Berg on features and more to follow. Did I say it does everything a TIVO does + more!

Yes it's excusive for DISH+ATT Yahoo subscribers, once the install is complete it only used the broadband to keep itself updated and when you upload your shared pics and files. This is a Dish Reciever(dual)/TiVO type PVR/SERVER.

Can connect to gateway via wireless/USB/Ethernet. Hope this answers some of the questions out there.:)

It will be a TIVO on Steriods with tons of new features....
Did I say it does everything a TIVO does + more!

.:)

Does it allow me to copy my recordings off of the hard drive on to my computer, and either watch them there or transfer them to my Ipod or my Treo650?..... if not, i'll keep my TIVO

LOL...

You will have the ability to tell it to record programs VIA the information superhighway - like TIVO :)

ha, well at least it has that feature... a few more and it may be able to compare to TIVO... (i'm not a tivo fanboy or anything, i'm actually an installer for dish but I hate when people try to play up a product as "the greatest thing ever" when it still doesnt have all the features that its competitors have)

the one thing that would be awesome, and would convince me to switch, would be slingbox type functionality.... that would be a step in the right direction
or... if it lets me stream video podcasts to the tv... that would be pretty cool too

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)