AT&T looking at buying D* or E*?

When AT&T ownd cable here they ran it into the ground.

New service had a 2-6 month wait period.
Loss of service took up to 6 weeks for repairs.
Cable modems were down 30-50% of the time.
Phone calls took up to an hour wait time for the next available rep. and then they did nothing.

It was so bad in Jacksonville for those 19 months that the City Council initiated proceedings to throw them out of the city and was planning to take over the Cable distribution system themselves. Then overnight, Comcast came in and bought out AT&T. So, the city case never went to court.

Personally, I generated a $186 credit with AT&T for poor service and down time. They issued the credits on paper but would never apply those credits to my bills. Instead they set up a separate account and then tried to claim they couldn't apply the credits to another account. This is just plain criminal but how do you fight these guys? Anyway, When Comcast took over, I eventually got that credit applied and a check was sent to me. Comcast doesn't come with their own set of bad baggage but at least none of the AT&T criminal consumer embezzlement and contract breaching has happened with Comcast.

i hope some phone company doesn't buy Dish because we're partnered w/ Windstream (Alltel) and its a nightmare! phone companies and satellite tv don't mix!

Amen!!!

Don't you love it when you're doing a install and the customer says "the guy at Windstream said you were going to put in my satellite, my phone service, and my DSL".

Good God. Could the left hand please know what the right hand is doing???

Amen!!!

Don't you love it when you're doing a install and the customer says "the guy at Windstream said you were going to put in my satellite, my phone service, and my DSL".

Good God. Could the left hand please know what the right hand is doing???

I get that once in a while as I am in a Windstream service area..
I quickly put that issue to rest by asking the cusomer if they had received their modem yet..If they have, I let them know there is a self install kit included along with the DSL filters and that the steps are easy to follow.
If they ask me to do it I say that only authorized Windstream techs may do the work..If they say they haven't received the modem then the job cannot be done..Either way, I am in the clear. I have never had anyone insist I connect their DSL...If they did so I would deem them an unreasonable person and leave the premises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts