AT&T Raises Rates Further On DSL Customers

Yeah, I think it does apply to Uverse. Wanted to charge me $41.00.

Went with a local ISP with no bandwidth cap. DSL Extreme is the same as well.

Doesn't cable have high rates too?

Here Charter HSI only is $39.99 month.That's for 30 down 4 up.Five times the speed of ATT and less money.If you bundle you can get HSI for $29.99.Why would anyone pay $45-$48 for ATT dsl @ 6MB,unless it's the only choice they have.Heck even Sat internet is looking more attractive in some cases.

So glad we have cable hsi.ATT are crooks.

Here Charter HSI only is $39.99 month.That's for 30 down 4 up.Five times the speed of ATT and less money.If you bundle you can get HSI for $29.99.Why would anyone pay $45-$48 for ATT dsl @ 6MB,unless it's the only choice they have.Heck even Sat internet is looking more attractive in some cases.

Prices vary from company to company and what area you live in as well.

It isn't just AT&T, in fact Verizon has raised DSL $25 a month over the last 1 1/2 years where I am in Florida. They want to get out of the whole landline system.

They sent me an email last month telling me that I went over my 150 GB limit,& this month they said I was running close. I wonder if they are cracking down on Netflix users & hoping to squeeze out a deal like Comcast did? That's the only thing that makes sense since apparently they are belly aching about Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)