AT&T Releases Lumina 920

I just hope Sprint gets the Nokia devices once the 6 months thing is up with AT&T.. But you guys that have AT&T I would be all over the Nokia 920 man it looks like a great device... 900 Nokia won best Smartphone at this year CES and 920 looks even better plus with Win 8 on it and all the Nokia Apps as well you can't beat it.. I will have to wait and see what Sprint does next year.. :)

Nokia to offer free wireless charging plate to many Lumia 820 and 920 customers

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-offer-free-wireless-charging-plate-many-lumia-820-and-920-customers

AT&T Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 coming November 9th for $49 and $99

http://www.wpcentral.com/att-lumia-820-and-920-coming-november-9th

I just hope Sprint gets the Nokia devices once the 6 months thing is up with AT&T.. But you guys that have AT&T I would be all over the Nokia 920 man it looks like a great device... 900 Nokia won best Smartphone at this year CES and 920 looks even better plus with Win 8 on it and all the Nokia Apps as well you can't beat it.. I will have to wait and see what Sprint does next year.. :)

Nokia to offer free wireless charging plate to many Lumia 820 and 920 customers

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-offer-free-wireless-charging-plate-many-lumia-820-and-920-customers

AT&T Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 coming November 9th for $49 and $99

http://www.wpcentral.com/att-lumia-820-and-920-coming-november-9th

wonder if the 822 will get a free charging backplate

Carrier exclusivity is a bad decision IMO. Apple could have killed Android without carrier exclusivity. Instead they stayed locked to an at the time underpowered ATT network and Android got a foothold.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier exclusivity is a bad decision IMO. Apple could have killed Android without carrier exclusivity. Instead they stayed locked to an at the time underpowered ATT network and Android got a foothold.
At the time, everyone's network was underpowered. Verizon benefited by not deploying the iPhone until after they had time to do some network upgrades.

At the time, everyone's network was underpowered. Verizon benefited by not deploying the iPhone until after they had time to do some network upgrades.

You make a good point. That was the start of a paradigm shift in mobile that made data connectivity and capacity more important than voice traffic.

I got a chance to try out a 920 today. I was really impressed.

Cool! Yeah I have not tried one yet but they look like one of the best if not the best device out there.. Nokia always made great hardware.. :)

Things are going well for Nokia. --from wiki- Sales of the Lumia 920 has been extremely well. It has been sold out in thousands of retailers around the world due to high demand.[SUP][31][/SUP]
In Germany for instance, the device sold out within the first few hours of availability.[SUP][32][/SUP][SUP][33][/SUP] In Nokia's native country Finland, the phone launched on November 22, and has been sold-out even on pre-orders.[SUP][34][/SUP] It has also been out of stock in Australia, China and the UK.[SUP][35][/SUP] In the UAE, where the device launches on November 25, Nokia has also ran out of stock.[SUP][36][/SUP] The USA has also seen millions of customers still waiting for more stock to arrive.[SUP][37][/SUP] On Amazon's best seller list, the Lumia 920 has been, as of November 18, become the best-selling phone of the week, ruling the number one, two, and four spots.[SUP][38][/SUP] In the UK, it topped the Expansys' chart during the same period. [SUP][39][/SUP]
Before the device initially went on sale, pre-orders were especially strong in Italy, where it was sold out in just 10 says of its first availability, on October 15.[SUP][40][/SUP] On the same day, it topped the charts in France, beating the already-available iPhone 5, LG Optimus L3, Sony Xperia U and Samsung Galaxy Ace.[SUP][41][/SUP]
On November 23, it was reported that the device has had 2.5 million pre-orders around the world in just three weeks of availablity. in comparison, that's more than the entire (previous) Lumia range (610, 710, 800, 900) sold in the whole of the third quarter of 2012, which is three months.[SUP][42][/SUP]
The success of the Lumia 920 has helped Nokia's stock to reach a 7 month-high of $3.40 as of November 22, having jumped 21% in just five days.[SUP][43][/SUP]

Nelson,

Nokia's sales strength has always been in Europe, so decent sales there is barely a mild surprise.

We'll see how things look. For perspective, Samsung's Galaxy S3 sold 30 million handsets in it's first 3 months.
Even if they make it to that level they are not keeping up with Android. Android activations are 1.3 million daily as of September, up from 700k daily at the end of 2011. If we assume that two thirds of the activations are phones the Nokia number is about 3 days of sales.

Let's see where we are at 3 months, 6 months and a year. Hard to change anything when they are this late to the game.

OTOH anything less than stunning success will likely end Steve Ballmer's departure and that's not a bad thing IMO.

John Kotches said:
Nelson,

Nokia's sales strength has always been in Europe, so decent sales there is barely a mild surprise

John

the stats are not about how they compare to the competition but are about their internal sales metrics.

Unlike many big tech companies, they have bet the farm on abandoning their proprietary systems and went for broke with microsoft and i hope they succeed.

John

the stats are not about how they compare to the competition but are about their internal sales metrics.

Unlike many big tech companies, they have bet the farm on abandoning their proprietary systems and went for broke with microsoft and i hope they succeed.

We'll agree to disagree. If they don't gain market share at the expense of the leaders, they're doomed to a 15% or less market share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)