AT&T rumors again.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I mean is it that time of year again. This was in the Morning Bridge today.
DISH Options: Fly Solo or Merge?

Analysts keeping a close eye on DISH say the company has a couple options with regard to its wireless plans: Either go it alone or find a partner. And while observers know that Charlie Ergen would rather keep the business in-house, consensus is that DISH won't fly solo on its wireless voyage.

According to Citi's Jason Bazinet, investors expect DISH could sell to either DIRECTV or AT&T due to three key factors: 1) AT&T faces a spectrum shortage, 2) a DBS merger has significant upside, and 3) the video market is more competitive than it was in 2001 when the two satellite companies originally tried to join forces. However, the analyst says, a DISH sale is still unlikely.

It's no secret that AT&T could use DISH's spectrum, and Bazinet says a DIRECTV-DISH merger indeed has enticing cost synergies... to the tune of $3B per year. "But the video market is probably not competitive enough to allow either AT&T or DIRECTV to acquire DISH," he says. "Moreover, (the) FCC may be unwilling to facilitate spectrum aggregation by AT&T."

Wish these nasty rumors would die a horrible death!

I could live with Dish acquiring ATT but that ain't gonna happen.

Another day, another facepalm :p .

I REALLY hope that these rumors never become any more than just that, rumors... AT&T is EVIL!

Another day, another facepalm :p .

I REALLY hope that these rumors never become any more than just that, rumors... AT&T is EVIL!

Once again there should be an option to double or triple like a post!:eek:k:

I do not think AT&T would make a move until Dish's spectrum is ruled upon by the FCC. Taking over Dish right now does not do any good if the spectrum Dish has is not convertible to phone/terrestrial use from satellite use. Even if it is approved by the FCC there might be conditions that make AT&T unable to obtain the spectrum by taking over Dish (i.e. it cannot be sold to one of the big 2/3/4 wireless companies for X number of years).

Now if the FCC gives Dish the waiver to convert the spectrum without conditions, then AT&T could be very interested since it would be a nationwide 40MHZ LTE block, it would be a huge win...

If I had a dollar for every year this came up, I could get a month free of Cable, or two months of Dish..... :D

eurosport said:
Totally agree! In fact, I think it deserves a DOUBLE! :facepalm:facepalm :D

Like this?

double-facepalm-1.jpg :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED using SatelliteGuys

Look busy boondoggle dish program managers, the potential buy out foreign investors are coming to headquarters...

Somebody, anybody, please buy dish soon.

My favorite part is how the article pretty much nulls itself by saying that the top two mergers are probably not possible anyway.

If I had a dollar everytime I heard this rumor about AT&T and DISH merging then I could probably afford to run this site without advertising. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts