Error Code 013/014: unable to play some programs from EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
I am on the latest version S209 and this is still an issue.

Most of my old recordings on the EHD play just fine. But some refuse to play with the error message 013 or 014 "This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased"
In particular, all recordings from former VOOM channel Gallery HD, which used to be on channel 9472, are mislabeled (have an icon of MLB Strike Zone, which is currently happens to be on 9472) and refuse to play, probably because I don't subscribe to the Strike Zone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-1500752609.jpg
    image-1500752609.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 576
  • image-2890743818.jpg
    image-2890743818.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 469
  • image-2592662927.jpg
    image-2592662927.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 368
I also have this problem. I noticed during the Epix freeview my these recordings would work again. They stopped working again once the preview was over.

Are you on version S209?

Unfortunately I have the feeling that this error is a "feature". I have a ton of Epix movies that I can't watch. I don't subscribe to Epix now but I did in that past.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that this error is a "feature". I have a ton of Epix movies that I can't watch. I don't subscribe to Epix now but I did in that past.

message DIRT rather than trying to guess... could be a bug

I think it's a bug, not a feature, as there is no consistency here.
Some programs from channels that I no longer subscribe to play just fine, but others refuse.
Also some programs are from channels that no longer exist (Monsters, FilmFest, Gallery HD, etc.)
Asking me to call the customer service to subscribe to those channels doesn't make any sense!
I'd be happy to subscribe to those, if I could! :)

Here is some pattern though:
Movies from WorldCinema (former channel 9475, which is not used now) play just fine.
Movies from FilmFest (former channel 9472, which is now occupied by MLBN Strike Zone) refuse to play.

message DIRT rather than trying to guess... could be a bug
This thread has already been reported to a DIRT member. I'll post back if/when the issue is resolved.

this has nothing to do with 209, it has been going on since day 1 without a fix.
I know. I had this issue in S207 too. But there have been some indications (by DIRT members) that this might be fixed in S209.
So, I just want to bring it to DIRT's attention that the issue is still there as of the latest S209 update.

I also have this problem. I noticed during the Epix freeview my these recordings would work again. They stopped working again once the preview was over.

Some free preview channels are set to be open/free where others give temp "rights". This is why some free preview recordings give the authorization message and others don’t. Not being able to watch older recordings that your are not subscribed to also has to do with the authorization tags on the account.

Last edited:
Some free preview channels are set to be open/free where others give temp "rights". This why some free preview recordings give the authorization message and others don’t. Not being able to watch older recordings that your are not subscribed to also has to do with the authorization tags on the account.

But the REAL question is, is this intentional? You are making it sound as if it is. On the previous receivers, no such issues ever occurred (that I know of.)

Wow, what an amazing "feature." Will this "feature" be placed on the older DVRs as well eventually?

It should already work that way on previous receivers. I know when I stopped subscribing to SHO I was not able to access any of my Californication recordings when I had my 922. Sometimes it doesn't catch the authorization change for some time and you would be able to access the recordings.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
From the research that I have done on this, it would appear that everything is working correctly.

Are you saying it's intentional, that I can watch movies recorded from WorldCinema channel, but cannot watch movies recorded from FilmFest? ;)

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Unbelievable! Content owners forcing Dish to disable old recordings is guaranteed, absolutely positively I repeat GUARANTEED, to get their content recorded elsewhere before it's lost/gone forever. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)