AT&T (SBC) New Hook Up

pduncan

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Just connected to AT&T (SBC) DSL, after years of waiting on availability. Had comcast. I must say, the speed is not noticably different (1.5 m vs. 2.3), but the price is vastly better ($12 (($26 after 12 months)) vs. $43).:D

No problems thus far!:)

WyrTwister

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2004
Just connected to AT&T (SBC) DSL, after years of waiting on availability. Had comcast. I must say, the speed is not noticably different (1.5 m vs. 2.3), but the price is vastly better ($12 (($26 after 12 months)) vs. $43).:D

No problems thus far!:)

Call them up and twist their arm every year . They will finally agree to keep the price down . Especially if there is another DSL provider avalable to threaten to switch to .

Wyr

KimmiKat

KimmiKat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 11, 2005
At a computer.
I have SBC aka AT&T DSL for over a year and had very little downtime. I have the pro level which gives about 6.0 m. Almost got Comcast, but a neighbour said it went down a lot and a few times they didn't have net for a few days. But a family member has Comcast in another city and they experience little downtime, so the network in our area must have more bugs then an 10 day old sandwitch!

A

arubu2000

Aug 14, 2006
Dang... comcast wants $58/mo stand alone for high speed here. I am switching to AT&T as well and will get between 1.5 and 3.0mb for $24.99/mo.

On another note we might be getting some cable competition in my city soon and experts expect Comcast rates to drop by 40%. Tell me there is no mark up there jeez...:mad:

R

RockinRight

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 30, 2006
Dang... comcast wants $58/mo stand alone for high speed here. I am switching to AT&T as well and will get between 1.5 and 3.0mb for $24.99/mo.

On another note we might be getting some cable competition in my city soon and experts expect Comcast rates to drop by 40%. Tell me there is no mark up there jeez...:mad:

Wish I could switch from TWC...but AT&T says I'm too far from the station and by the time they add the service in my area I will have already moved (I'm moving in summer 2007.)