AT&T / SBC Website showing 942 instead of 622

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 18, 2004
Why is AT&T showing that they lease the 942 HD DVR for $199.99 instead of the 622?

Are there any ATT (or former SBC) / Dish customers out there that have a 622? I recently moved and was given a Dish 1000...which enables me to get all the latest and greatest HD channels...but a 942 won't grab them.

Still working on my wife to allow me to get the HD package (silver). I need it before football season starts.

Last edited:
Somebody tell me again why bundles are a good idea?

Separate Internet, phone, cell and TV service. Might cost a little more but it's worth it to be able to dump any of them easily.

ATT???

I know when I stopped off here in CO last year, this complex does not have cable, but refers you to a Qwest rep, who will provide, landline phone, DSL, cell phone, and month by month DirecTV (using a single dish on top of each building). I asked, but Dish Network was not available.

Can you get Dish service through AT&T? Is that all over, or just in some places?

A few months ago, I search some (very) old Dish news clips online and it looked like Dish and Qwest had an agreement to do the same, but never seen anything saying they got a divorce.

Has anyone who has AT&T/SBC had any luck getting a 622 HD DVR? They want to offer me a 942. I can't get all the HD channels if they give me the 942. I have the Dish 1000 so I can get the all the HD channels. Should I play CSR roulette?

fenwah said:
Has anyone who has AT&T/SBC had any luck getting a 622 HD DVR? They want to offer me a 942. I can't get all the HD channels if they give me the 942. I have the Dish 1000 so I can get the all the HD channels. Should I play CSR roulette?

I got it with no problem in April. Not even a flinch from the CSR, just an "OK, the isntall lead time is 6-8 weeks".

I've had the 622 now since mid-May and have had no issues.

Jeff_R said:
I got it with no problem in April. Not even a flinch from the CSR, just an "OK, the isntall lead time is 6-8 weeks".

I've had the 622 now since mid-May and have had no issues.

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I will try my luck with another CSR. I'm surprised I wasn't offered the 921!!!!

Yep.. when I orded from ATT they kept calling it an HD-DVR. Since they're package lineup on ATT's website lists the HD bronze, silver, gold, etc I figured I'd get a 622. I sure did.

Pepper said:
Somebody tell me again why bundles are a good idea?

Separate Internet, phone, cell and TV service. Might cost a little more but it's worth it to be able to dump any of them easily.

Through ATT, I don't have a comitment to Dish, just DSL. I'm happy with all the services so why not bundle and save.

I bought a 622 from DishStore.net, hooked it up in place of my old DVR and called AT&T and they turned it on. No problems.

I am keeping AT&T because of the no commitment also. Plus I want U-verse and we are getting it at the first of the year. They are running fiber all over our community right now.

Strange CSRs

I called Dish CSR to try to sign my wife up for a new Dish account so we could get the new customer discounts and they busted me when they looked up my account and said they couldnt see anything because I had current service through SBC and had to transfer me. After a few seconds another CSR came on the line saying she was "Dishnetwork" and I explained I wanted to upgrade my acount to a HDGold package with a 622. She didnt bat an eyelash and told me that it could be done and it would only be a week out for the install (where the previous lady said it would be end of september/october for an installation before she foudn out I already had an active account).

She said she had no idea why the first lady could not look up my account as she worked for Dish and not SBC or AT&T (confused me a bit as to who I was actually transferred to), but she said things were in the system for a Sept 11th install...

Even though I didnt get the full $200 off for a new customer she said I was still eligible for the $100 credit ($10/month for 10 months) for adding a qualified HD package to my existing account which I suppose was somthing.

So at this time I have a 622 coming to its new home on my SBC Dish bundled account (even though SBC doesnt offer the 622, just the 942, on its website).

--DD73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts