AT&T selling U-verse in Ct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I guess my landline and cell phone will end up on two different bills now. I'm probably an odd one, under 30 and happy with my landline service. Hopefully the price won't go up much (around $20/mo including taxes and fees).

What I find as odd, is that I have seen at least one VRAD being setup in Torrington. And I think a drop for two more. the odd part in my mind is Torrington doesn’t have UVerse TV and with this hand off to Frontier - why bother?

I guess my landline and cell phone will end up on two different bills now. I'm probably an odd one, under 30 and happy with my landline service. Hopefully the price won't go up much (around $20/mo including taxes and fees).
According to what I have seen in doing a little research, AT&T is selling the entire former SNET wire line system to Frontier.
That means, all CT subscribers with land lines, DSL and or U Verse will become Frontier Communications customers in the latter half of 2014

AT&T was evil to Connecticut... (My opinion)

There were other companies that wanted to come into Connecticut and AT&T worked to keep that from happening. If I remember correctly one company was working to get its network up, in the West Hartford Area, but they kept finding that their equipment and wires on the poles were damaged... of course AT&T didn't know who would do such a thing. The cost of fixing all the breaking equipment was one of the big reasons they went out of business.
I don't think the union bosses would EVER tell their workers to sabotage the equipment....Never.

Reactions: Hutch1814
So what does that exactly mean for those of us with Uverse service in CT? Will we still receive Uverse tv after the deal closes or frontier tv? If latter, will we be allowed to get out of current contracts? I'm generally happy with our Uverse service and was excited about the merger with DTV since I assumed we'd be able to get Sunday ticket. Not sure what this all means for CT customers now and Uverse customer service seemed clueless when I inquired.

So what does that exactly mean for those of us with Uverse service in CT? Will we still receive Uverse tv after the deal closes or frontier tv? If latter, will we be allowed to get out of current contracts? I'm generally happy with our Uverse service and was excited about the merger with DTV since I assumed we'd be able to get Sunday ticket. Not sure what this all means for CT customers now and Uverse customer service seemed clueless when I inquired.
From what I understand they will honor all existing contracts that Uverse made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts