AT&T To Beta Test Next Gen TV Platform In 2017

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are the channels available on Directv now the same channels that you can watch outside your house on the regular Directv app you get by being a satellite subscriber?

Are the channels available on Directv now the same channels that you can watch outside your house on the regular Directv app you get by being a satellite subscriber?

Yes. If your a DirecTV Satellite customer, the channels are the same for the DirecTV Now app as if you streamed through the DirecTV app. In the future we may see both services use the same app, and right now both apps are moving to use the same streams, meaning no matter what app you use it will get the same stream. This is a part of an initiative to modernize streaming platforms and bring down costs of running multiple platforms. Why run multiple streaming platforms when you can use one back end for everything. Dont fear the web!

Finally I guess they read the satguys boards, I posted about this a month or two ago wishing all their platform would look alike.
Bring the goods of DTV and DTV Now together and combine them and make them one and better.

Now if they could make the wireless genies as good as the U-Verse Wireless clients, now that would be really neat.

If they keep UVerseTV does this mean DTV will get the UVerseTV it doesn't have and vice versa? Something like USA is 242 on the SatelliteTV platform it will be 242 on the IPTV platform? Also UVerseTV has METV and CoziTV would that mean DTV would get those channels, ect?

This doesn't include uverse. This is for app streaming only and DIRECTV Now. I actually would be surprised if uverse as you know it today is still around in 5 years. I have a feeling that uverse people will be migrating to Directv or Directv Now in the future. Right now the Directv app is based on channel number. So if you wanted to stream USA you go to channel 242 in the app and stream. See below.

IMG_2589.JPG

This doesn't include uverse. This is for app streaming only and DIRECTV Now. I actually would be surprised if uverse as you know it today is still around in 5 years. I have a feeling that uverse people will be migrating to Directv or Directv Now in the future. Right now the Directv app is based on channel number. So if you wanted to stream USA you go to channel 242 in the app and stream. See below.

View attachment 127324
I agree entirely.

csm,
I don't have U Verse TV, but I believe that they do have an app (U Verse) that you stream from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)