AT&T U-Verse is Soon to be No More!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And who told you this ?
Supervisor. Let me say that Iam not a high up at&t employee, i am a dtv contractor. Our supervisor has to do conference calls once a month with att and other contracting companies and he likes to fill us in. Sometimes these things are very true, and sometimes not.

It's not that at&t wants to kill uverse, they want bandwidth to stream 4k, because on satellite it takes 2 transponders, and using uverse TV as a last resort frees up bandwidth on their existing infrastructure.
This is NOT a rumor, but exactly what at&t does about it DOES involve some rumors, so please don'ttake what I say as gospel truth.

I have heard the same as well. The next generation boxes ATT deploy's its supposed to automatically switch over to IP when there is no satellite signal or rain fade occurs. Basically, one box that serves both purposes. (Speculation) It makes sense. ATT wants anyone to have the ability to get TV and what ever they (the customer) choose, IE: Wireless, Digital Life, internet, ect. For "DirecTV Now" to integrate with DirecTV in this fashion only is logical. ATT wants you to get Satellite and Internet or Internet and Cellphone and DirecTV, ect. They want to be the one provider that gives you everything at a discounted rate through bundling.

ATT want's to free up bandwidth by killing uverse. They want everyone who can get the premium experience on DirecTV to do so, but if you cant get that then they can hook you up with "DirecTV Now" and the same lineup. I also believe that those on Gigapower will have the option of doing either or. I really cant wait for ATT to announce their plans going forward into 2020. There is some innovative stuff coming up. Oh and they also want you to be able to get that content on ALL of your devices no matter what device it is and have the ability to take it on the go.

Last edited:
I think they are going to keep the DIRECTV name... as I hear the new streaming service that will launch by the end of the year will be called "DIRECTV NOW"

I think they are going to keep the DIRECTV name... as I hear the new streaming service that will launch by the end of the year will be called "DIRECTV NOW"

Yep, This was reported a few weeks back in Multichannel News. It looks like they have been busy renewing agreements for this service. Over 100 channels will be available at launch time.

I wonder if they will do DirecTV Now until they launch their next generation TV platform then call it AT&T TV. AT&T is just as well know as DTV and UVerseTV. Could then their plan be get AT&T TV anyway a customer wants it. Either through SatelliteTV, IPTV, Mobile and DirecTV Now. However the preferred method would be over SatelliteTV. Then all they would have to do is have a hybrid headless gateway that's something like the Pace 5268 Gateway with a SATA Hard Drive built in.

Chip there are several DTV dishes around her complex hers would have to be installed on the roof since here apartment faces the opposite direction. It is a ripoff that they try to do that they say danger with the dish......

Chip there are several DTV dishes around her complex hers would have to be installed on the roof since here apartment faces the opposite direction. It is a ripoff that they try to do that they say danger with the dish......
That isn't necessarily out of line. What exactly is the $400 for? Is it only to install the dish, or is it a deposit in lieu of damages to the roof? Is the roof hers or is it a common area? If it's common, she has no right to use it for a dish.

U-verse max speed is 24mbps in my area and it sucks because you rarely ever get the full speed. I am with charter, I pay $50 a month ($10 discount) and I get 60mbps down and 5mps up.

I would never switch from Charter to U-Verse Internet.
AT&T However announced that early next year we will get fiber up here...so I might check it out then...but I don't have too much faith in them. They always have outages and internet issues around here. Charter on the other hand has been rock solid and they rarely ever go down.

U-verse max speed is 24mbps in my area and it sucks because you rarely ever get the full speed. I am with charter, I pay $50 a month ($10 discount) and I get 60mbps down and 5mps up.

I would never switch from Charter to U-Verse Internet.
AT&T However announced that early next year we will get fiber up here...so I might check it out then...but I don't have too much faith in them. They always have outages and internet issues around here. Charter on the other hand has been rock solid and they rarely ever go down.
I guess you are bundled with their TV because of the discount? If so how is their HD quality? I don't think it could be good as DTV's? I think Charter's speed is better for the price but I think DTV has the best HD quality. Also I think their are trade off's. I used to not like when DTV goes out in heavy downpours but with them I know when it would come back on. With Charter it could go out in good weather and could be out for hours also it could have possible pixilation issues right? If AT&T could get UVerseTV off of their lines I wonder if they could match Charters Internet prices?

I guess you are bundled with their TV because of the discount? If so how is their HD quality? I don't think it could be good as DTV's? I think Charter's speed is better for the price but I think DTV has the best HD quality. Also I think their are trade off's. I used to not like when DTV goes out in heavy downpours but with them I know when it would come back on. With Charter it could go out in good weather and could be out for hours also it could have possible pixilation issues right? If AT&T could get UVerseTV off of their lines I wonder if they could match Charters Internet prices?

No, I do not have charter TV, their TV service sucks and their DVR is like 1990s...
I have DirecTV for the past 10 years or so.

I have my AT&T Wireless Bill bundled with DirecTV and I get $10 monthly discount + I get unlimited data plan on 3 cell phones. So its a win win for me.
Plus last month AT&T retention gave me $40 a month discount for 12 months, so my 3 cell phones + DirecTV bill is about $260 a month atm. Can't beat that deal. Also I get 27% discount through my employer on my cell bill too. So overall this works out for me very well.

That isn't necessarily out of line. What exactly is the $400 for? Is it only to install the dish, or is it a deposit in lieu of damages to the roof? Is the roof hers or is it a common area? If it's common, she has no right to use it for a dish.
Chip the apartment does not allow dishes on the roof only thing that is allowed is to put the dish on a 5ft pole and they are worried about damages from the dish.

Chip the apartment does not allow dishes on the roof only thing that is allowed is to put the dish on a 5ft pole and they are worried about damages from the dish.
That must mean that the roof is a common area. If she owned it, they couldn't keep her from installing a dish there.

Have a friend in Seattle with high speed fiber....on a bad day he is at 150meg down, and the up I dont remember, but when he is hear slinging TV you cant tell its streaming!....
And he pays more, its impressive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)