AT&T Wants Everything Connected to Its LTE Network The Better to Charge You $15 Per Gigabyte, My De

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
I can see AT&T moving all of their DSL users to Wifi for their home internet that way they can start capping your home internet as well. Plus it would be easier for them to maintain their equipment as well. To with DSL they have allot more up keep and hardware to take care of this is where if you have another local provider to get your net connection from comes in handy.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Wants-Everything-Connected-to-Its-LTE-Network-123295

I think it's wrong that they hang the Internet over our heads. They know we need it but they just see $ from each one of us that uses AT&T. I offer wonder if Verizon would of stayed unlimited if AT&T never changed.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can see AT&T moving all of their DSL users to Wifi for their home internet that way they can start capping your home internet as well. Plus it would be easier for them to maintain their equipment as well. To with DSL they have allot more up keep and hardware to take care of this is where if you have another local provider to get your net connection from comes in handy.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Wants-Everything-Connected-to-Its-LTE-Network-123295

My AT&T DSL is capped now at 150gig/month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

My AT&T DSL is capped now at 150gig/month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

For $10 you get 50 more GB of data. Now what do you think your $10 will get an AT&T home LTE user that is stuck on AT&T LTE because the DSL line they used to have to their house is no longer available because AT&T has successfully convinced regulators that POTS is no longer needed in rural areas (like they are trying to do in many states right now).

For $10 you get 50 more GB of data. Now what do you think your $10 will get an AT&T home LTE user that is stuck on AT&T LTE because the DSL line they used to have to their house is no longer available because AT&T has successfully convinced regulators that POTS is no longer needed in rural areas (like they are trying to do in many states right now).

Relax. I was just stating that I'm capped now. That its not a future requirement as the OP stated.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

AT&T by far the worse when it comes down to they only want to do the bare minimum and charge the customer a arm & leg for let so you pay more to get less basically.

I was an AT&T contract customer with two iPhones since iPhones came out. In wv, AT&T has coverage almost everywhere and Verizon and Sprint do not.

Me and AT&T stopped getting along when they throttled my unlimited data plan to 24kps.
Some apps will not even function at 24kps.

Not that AT&T has ever had stellar 3G speeds here. I cancelled my contract service and bought a go phone SIM card, chopped it down to fit in my iPhone 4S. I use the 50.00 unlimited go phone plan. I got a 4G virgin mobile hotspot from sprint that costs me 35.00 per month, unlimited 4G, 2.5 Gb of 3G. I have 4G signal at home and in town. I see 4G speeds of 6-10 mb/s down and 1.5-4 mb/s upload most of the time.

The hotspot is mounted to the rear view mirror of my truck. It has quite a powerful wifi radio (Sierra wireless overdrive).

I can pick up the wifi from my truck throughout the house. I got rid of my dsl and AT&T 3G data plan. I replaced 75.00 per month worth of broadband bills (DSL 45.00, 3G AT&T - 30.00) with 35.00 and NO contract.

I stream roku movies, all my music streaming and web surfing on this hotspot. So far I have seen no throttling that I have noticed. The terms and conditions say they can throttle you but I have not noticed it.

DSL doesn't do well beyond about 20K feet from the CO or Remote Terminal, so DSL is problematic for rural areas anyway. By problematic, I mean expensive to deliver.

THere are other means, but some type of Electromagnetic transmission will be more cost effective.

Maybe they should say "sure, we will let you do it, if you offer at least the same caps, pricing and speed as DSL"

truckracer, you use Virgin Mobile Broadband and can get 4G in Charleston? I have been using Virgin Mobile Broadband for around 3 years now but mine is the 3G mifi. I live in Charleston also and was not aware that we could get 4g. If you don't mind me asking where do you live? I live around 3 miles up Rutledge Road, so i'm not sure if I could pick up the 4g signal there or not. I was just wondering if it was worth it for me to get the new 4g modem. My account is grandfathered in to get unlimited 3g for $40 a month and I wouldn't want to risk losing that if I couldn't pick up the 4g signal. Thanks for your help.
I was an AT&T contract customer with two iPhones since iPhones came out. In wv, AT&T has coverage almost everywhere and Verizon and Sprint do not.

Me and AT&T stopped getting along when they throttled my unlimited data plan to 24kps.
Some apps will not even function at 24kps.

Not that AT&T has ever had stellar 3G speeds here. I cancelled my contract service and bought a go phone SIM card, chopped it down to fit in my iPhone 4S. I use the 50.00 unlimited go phone plan. I got a 4G virgin mobile hotspot from sprint that costs me 35.00 per month, unlimited 4G, 2.5 Gb of 3G. I have 4G signal at home and in town. I see 4G speeds of 6-10 mb/s down and 1.5-4 mb/s upload most of the time.

The hotspot is mounted to the rear view mirror of my truck. It has quite a powerful wifi radio (Sierra wireless overdrive).

I can pick up the wifi from my truck throughout the house. I got rid of my dsl and AT&T 3G data plan. I replaced 75.00 per month worth of broadband bills (DSL 45.00, 3G AT&T - 30.00) with 35.00 and NO contract.

I stream roku movies, all my music streaming and web surfing on this hotspot. So far I have seen no throttling that I have noticed. The terms and conditions say they can throttle you but I have not noticed it.

I have 4G signal on Virginia avenue area, and also when I am in Huntington. I had super fast 4G when I was in Cincinnati Ohio as well.

I have also found 4G WiMAX reception to vary on different devices. My Evo 4G had very weak 4G reception. Mom's Galaxy s2 has excellent 4G WiMAX reception. My Sierra Overdrive hotspot also has awesome 4G reception. It will be locked onto a low 4G WiMAX signal when our other phones will not show any sign of 4G.

Last edited:
I have 4G signal on Virginia avenue area, and also when I am in Huntington. I had super fast 4G when I was in Cincinnati Ohio as well.

I have also found 4G WiMAX reception to vary on different devices. My Evo 4G had very weak 4G reception. Mom's Galaxy s2 has excellent 4G WiMAX reception. My Sierra Overdrive hotspot also has awesome 4G reception. It will be locked onto a low 4G WiMAX signal when our other phones will not show any sign of 4G.

Thanks, I may have to pick up an Overdrive and try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)