AT&T Wireless and DirecTV bundle?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aa9vi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Isn't there some sort of way to bundle my DirecTV payment onto my AT&T Wireless bill? I thought I heard a while back you get $5 off for doing this. I get a 15% discount on my AT&T Wireless bill. Has anyone done this bundling with AT&T? Will the 15% be discounted on the combined bill? How difficult is it to change premium channels if the bill in bundled?

With the latest D* price increase, I'm looking for ways to save.

Thanks

If you call D*, they will give you a number to ATT, I have it somewhere, but haven't been to work lately and I don't remember it off the top of my head.

I don't believe it is AT&T Wireless. I think it is just for those with land lines.

I don't believe it is AT&T Wireless. I think it is just for those with land lines.

That could be, I KNOW it's there for landlines, wouldn't hurt to ask about the Cell as well, wouldn't surprise me if they did do it for the cells to, tell them it says Bundles, it doesn't specify.
See what they say.

I have the bundle with AT&T with wireless and dsl. No landline required. $5 off each month.

Looks like the number to call is 800-288-2020.

$5 savings with this mini-bundle will offset most of the annual price increases. Now I have to think about getting rid of Showtime. Too bad D* is just a hostage to these annual programming increases. People are beginning to trim back. We really do give them a bunch of money each month. Carriage fees are out of control. I used to be against a-la-carte proposals. Not so much anymore. Why are we consumers floating deadbeat channels?

$5 savings with this mini-bundle will offset most of the annual price increases.

You didn't say one way or another in your original post, but do you also have AT&T DSL service? I'm asking because, I don't think AT&T will give you a "bundle" price on D* & just ONE other service. (they normally want you to have DSL in that mix somewhere to get the discount) The other problem I've run into before with this, is that you cannot bundle D* if you are on some sort of legacy pkg. (TC+ AND lifetime DVR in my case) If you have such a pkg, you have to change into a current pkg, which obviously I would NEVER do if I lost lifetime DVR! :eek:

I get billed separately, which I preferred because of the free 24 mo of HD for Directv and I have a corporate discount on my wireless I take advantage of.

You didn't say one way or another in your original post, but do you also have AT&T DSL service? I'm asking because, I don't think AT&T will give you a "bundle" price on D* & just ONE other service. (they normally want you to have DSL in that mix somewhere to get the discount) The other problem I've run into before with this, is that you cannot bundle D* if you are on some sort of legacy pkg. (TC+ AND lifetime DVR in my case) If you have such a pkg, you have to change into a current pkg, which obviously I would NEVER do if I lost lifetime DVR! :eek:

Dishrich,
You CAN bundle D* with just one other service, regardless of what ATT product it is.
You are correct, it has to be a newer package.
I haven't bundled as I have the TC+ and they won't allow it till I pay $ 5 more for the Choice + instead, then they will give me the bundle, so in my case, it's a wash.

Dishrich,
You CAN bundle D* with just one other service, regardless of what ATT product it is.
You are correct, it has to be a newer package.
I haven't bundled as I have the TC+ and they won't allow it till I pay $ 5 more for the Choice + instead, then they will give me the bundle, so in my case, it's a wash.

The reason behind it, I would imagine is they went by what the main package was when they came to an agreement with D*, they decided on Choice, I have the TC+, same channels as the Choice but cant get the deal.

$5 savings with this mini-bundle will offset most of the annual price increases. Now I have to think about getting rid of Showtime. Too bad D* is just a hostage to these annual programming increases. People are beginning to trim back. We really do give them a bunch of money each month. Carriage fees are out of control. I used to be against a-la-carte proposals. Not so much anymore. Why are we consumers floating deadbeat channels?

Thanks aa9vi, thats the number I was trying to remember.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts