At the end of 2 year price lock?

I probably should have reviewed my options for voip. I have used phonepower for several years. I like many of their features such as setting up auto call forwarding to my cell phone and getting all voice messages as wave files attached to my emails. I used their phone app when I traveled to Canada. Unfortunately, I did not think ahead and my plan auto renewed in December. I guess I will have 10 months to pick a better solution.

I don't know much about Google phone but I was under the impression that it was no longer free.

I started reading about Google voice. How would it allow me to use all the phones throughout my house. My phonepower ties into my house phone lines. It allows me to use phones in all my rooms and gives caller id on my hopper3 receivers. I don't normally use my cell phone in the house or barn. I prefer my normal phones. Plus I can fax. How does this work with google voice. It sounds more like a switchboard that routes. Calls to existing phones.

Last edited:
You do have to purchase an Obi 200 device for $50. You can google it. You still have to pay extra monthly if you want 911 service. If you are happy with your existing service you might as well keep it.

[
I’m paying $39.99/month for 100mbps through Comcast, and they’re the only option I have for high speed internet. This article makes it sound like if you have internet only, you’re having to pay the standard rate, and IMO that isn’t true. Like many have said previous to me, all you gotta do is call and tell them you’re canceling, and they miraculously find a better offer. Granted, you have to do that every year, it’s just the game they’re playing and counting on people that never call in again.

Plus this article, although with a recent dateline, seems outdated, since Comcast just moved their 25mbps tier to 60, and their 75 to 100.

I think the theme in these cases is YMMV. It seems to vary a lot depending on where you are and who you are, often without rhyme or reason. I've never had Comcast, so I cannot say either way.

I got an inexpensive OBI box & use my GV number for everything and also rings on my cell phone through Hangouts (or GV itself). Get email notifications for all calls when I might miss one. No monthly fees so would save you some money, worth checking out.
You do have to purchase an Obi 200 device for $50. You can google it. You still have to pay extra monthly if you want 911 service. If you are happy with your existing service you might as well keep it.
My OBI was less, but 911 is only $14 yr, still way less than whatever he is paying.

I rarely use the home phone, but I use a service called VOIPo... it has outgoing caller ID and shows the name for incoming callers. VOIPo turns out to be around 7/month give or take. I also use magicJack for my business line and haven’t had any issues. It’s 35/yr.

I have a google voice number and used to use an earlier version of an obi.. but had issues with it. I’m sure it works better now though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts