'At the Movies' canceled

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Movie review show will air last program Aug. 14

STUART LEVIN

The long-running movie review skein that taped in Chicago, went through several name and host changes and made TV stars out newspaper crix Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert has been canceled. The final program will air Aug. 14.
Source & More:variety.com

NO one listens to critics about movies anymore. I have noticed just about every movie that they rave about, are obscure dog films and the great popular feature movies they say tank ,are the BEST. There time is now past.

I'm not surprised at all. These two clowns just aren't Siskel and Ebert or Ebert and Roper or Roper and his guest critic. It just doesn't work...

I thought Ebert came back, and I didn't know Roper was gone. So it basically was just a hollow shell of it's former self. No wonder.

I really enjoyed Siskel and Ebert, and still get Ebert's weekly email reviews.

I thought Ebert came back, and I didn't know Roper was gone. So it basically was just a hollow shell of it's former self. No wonder.

I really enjoyed Siskel and Ebert, and still get Ebert's weekly email reviews.

Roger lost his lower jaw in his last round of cancer. He can no longer speak, or eat in the normal manner. Roper left at the end of last season.

Roger lost his lower jaw in his last round of cancer. He can no longer speak, or eat in the normal manner. Roper left at the end of last season.
Yep, for people (like me) who haven't seen Ebert lately his appearance has changed drastically. My wife records Oprah and I noticed he was on a recent episode. Anyway, I didn't care for him as a movie critic but I have newfound respect for him as a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a shame. I started watching Siskel and Ebert years ago. Have many of the shows on tape . One of my favorite ones was when Roger and Gene went after the fake movie critics that movie studios use to sell movies. They had the guts to call the studios out on that. They still do it today however.

Both Gene and Roger had a show once when they talked about movies they didn't like at first but years later did. One was Slapshot.

Roger Ebert "deeply involved" in TV talks

Roger Ebert "deeply involved" in TV talks - Roger Ebert, the film critic - Salon.com

Roger Ebert "deeply involved" in TV talks
Critic preparing new movie-review show, and promises, "the Thumbs will return"
By Associated Press

Roger Ebert says he and his wife are going ahead with plans to produce a new movie review television program with the working title "Roger Ebert presents At the Movies."

The famous movie reviewer wrote Thursday on his Chicago Sun-Times blog that he can't give details, but they're "deeply involved" in talks. Ebert says they've held video tests with potential hosts and they know who they will use. He says the new show would have a strong presence online.

The Pulitzer Prize-winning reviewer writes that he would like to make "occasional appearances" on the air. Ebert lost his ability to speak after cancer surgery.

Ebert also writes: "the Thumbs will return," referring to the well-known "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" reviews.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)