at what speed is good for dish anywhere?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brejust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
:) life
i have 50 mps connection next month going up to 75 down and 7 mp up, is that good for streaming via dish anywhere?

When you're away from home, the upload speed is what's important. At 7Mbps, the picture will look very good. When you are at home, Dish Anywhere does not stream over the internet, it stays on your local network. At home, Dish Anywhere maxes out at about 8.2Mbps, which most WiFi systems can handle with ease.

When you're away from home, the upload speed is what's important. At 7Mbps, the picture will look very good. When you are at home, Dish Anywhere does not stream over the internet, it stays on your local network. At home, Dish Anywhere maxes out at about 8.2Mbps, which most WiFi systems can handle with ease.

Does the same hold true if you are using a Dish Anywhere on a FireStick at home? We just purchased one to use in my mother in law’s shop in our backyard, and our satellite internet SUCKS. I can stream Netflix and such, but it buffers if too many of us are online using the wifi.

Does the same hold true if you are using a Dish Anywhere on a FireStick at home?

Yes. As long as the Fire Stick and Hopper are on the same LAN, it will stream within your home network and not over the internet.

To answer the OP's question, I have 20 meg down / 1.5 meg up and Dish Anywhere works fine for me.

We regularly watch shows in our motorhome with DA streaming at 5-10 Mbps speeds with only occasional brief buffering. I've even tested it at 3G cell data speeds in the 1.5 Mbps range where it still worked reasonably well, albeit with more frequent buffering for slightly longer periods. The source Hopper is connected to a Spectrum 30 Mbps service in upstate NY.

We just purchased one to use in my mother in law’s shop in our backyard, and our satellite internet SUCKS. I can stream Netflix and such, but it buffers if too many of us are online using the wifi.

I think a better router is in order, e.g. 802.11n, if you don't have that already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts