AT120 to HDGold not getting channels...

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
I currently have a 522 and 322 and am in the que to get a 622 (return 322) on February 20. While I was ordering the 622, I told them to go ahead and upgrade my package from AT120 to HDGold, and to do it now so we could go ahead and start watching th non-HD channels in the package.

Well, it's been 2 days and there are still no AT180/HDGold SD channels not "pinked" out on my reeivers, I wonder if my order took? Should I call 'em back?

I know some of the folks with HD boxes are having a similair problem, but didn't know if anyone that went SD -> HD is seeing it too?

jrfuda said:
I currently have a 522 and 322 and am in the que to get a 622 (return 322) on February 20. While I was ordering the 622, I told them to go ahead and upgrade my package from AT120 to HDGold, and to do it now so we could go ahead and start watching th non-HD channels in the package.

Well, it's been 2 days and there are still no AT180/HDGold SD channels not "pinked" out on my reeivers, I wonder if my order took? Should I call 'em back?

I know some of the folks with HD boxes are having a similair problem, but didn't know if anyone that went SD -> HD is seeing it too?
Log into the Dish web site and check your account, "Recent Activity". They might not have activated your package.

The pink channels should actually look red, might want to check your color settings ;)

mdonnelly said:
Log into the Dish web site and check your account, "Recent Activity". They might not have activated your package.
Hmm, I checked. All "recent activity" shows are recent payments -which reflects my last paid bill and the $299 for the receiver upgrade (I guess I must not have gotten the "$1 charge until we install it deal," but it doesn't matter becuase the $299 would be on my CC statement whether they charge it 1 Feb or 20 Feb, and I pay in full each month. My statement period is through the 18th, so perhaps it will be visible after then?

It would be nice if the website clearly stated what your current packages and hardware were - I know TMobile's site and SBC's site does it in near-real time.

if they added it on while adding on the receiver, it wont be activated untill the tech comes and installs everything, then closes the work order. So you shouldnt be getting them or being charged untill feb 20th.

jrfuda said:
It would be nice if the website clearly stated what your current packages and hardware were - I know TMobile's site and SBC's site does it in near-real time.
Here's what my last statement looked like:
AMERICA'S TOP 180 VALUE PAK WITH LOCALS 69.99

Here's my recent activity (after calling on 2/1 for the upgrade:

02/01 02/01 AMERICA'S TOP 180 AND 02/01 TO 02/28 -54.99
02/01 02/01 DISHHD GOLD AND MOVIE 02/01 TO 02/28 94.99
02/01 02/01 DISH NETWORK HD RECEIVER 0.00
02/01 02/01 EQUIPMENT HANDLING FEE 49.00
02/01 02/01 DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 02/01 TO 02/28 -9.99
02/01 02/01 VOOM ORIGINAL 02/01 TO 02/28 -5.00

I had the same problem when I went to the HD Bronze package. The system was not ready to properly convert according to the tech support guy I talked to. He set them up properly. Apparently their computo had trouble with HD metal=ATxxx+HD Pak +Voom. It forgot the AT package

Hmm, this is all my recent activity shows:

02/01 02/01 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT -299.99
01/24 01/24 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT -56.27

My credit card is not showing the charge yet, though. I wonder if everything really went through. Perhaps I'll give 'em a call after all.

I just spoke with a very nice U.S.-based lady on tech support who confirmed that everything was tracking for my 20 February install. She said that the new programming package would be activated on the 20th - when the work orde ris closed-out - just like y'all said, which is contrary to what my India-based CST that took my 622/HDGold order told me - who said I had the choice of getting either paying for and getting the channels today (1 feb) or having to call AFTER the installation to change my package.

I suppose I can wait a few more weeks for the extra SD channels, and it's good to know that I'll be paying for the new package prorated from 20 Feb instead of from 1 Feb!

The good news is that I'm confident that all my ducks are in a row now, as long as nothing disturbds them ...