AT9 and Zinwell WB68 MultiSwitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I decided today was the day to tweak the AT9 and get rid of the older SATB/SATC lnb.

Just to see how I would fare, and my typical anal self, I made careful notes of all signals off the 101/110/119 Birds on all D* Transponders on my very old DTC-100 as well as the H20.

I then connected everything up to the AT9 and took signal readings. Some were higher, some were lower.

Then I went on to put in a Zinwell SW68 I had purchased with the AT9 back in November for some unknown reason (futureproofing?).

The Zinwell switch, unlike the older D* Switch is not powered. Thus, I was hesitant to install it assuming i would loose some gain in the process.

Much to my surprise, after I took the readings with the Zinwell switch inline, 85% of my signals were EITHER THE SAME OR HIGHER THAN WITHOUT THE SWITCH:confused:

For example, on the 2 transponders that I currently receive on the Ka Bird 103, without the switch the signal was 91. With the switch, the signal is 100!

Now that is the most extreme example and as I stated on most Ku transponders, 85% were either the same or a point or 2 higher.

So I am really confused. How am I experiencing no loss - and even gains on a MultiSwitch that is passive in nature?

This seem to break all the laws of physics.

I don't think the WB68 multiswitch is passive, it's just not externally powered. It does take power from the receivers its connected to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)