AT9 mounting pole ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
I was at Big Orange today looking at pole for my upcoming AT9 install. I have the dish, just waiting for a nice weekend day to do it. The have plenty of 1 5/8" poles and some 2 3/8" termination poles for fences. These are 16ga steel posts and look like they should hold a dish.

Where do installers get their 2" poles?

emu1 said:
I heard some getting them from a muffler shop. They have 2" pipes.

I don't know if I would ever use muffler pipe, it is WAY to thin.

All I could find at Big Orange in 2" was some steel walled electrical conduit. It wasn't the thin walled stuff so I don't know if it will work or not.

OTOH, I need to order a couple of things from Hoover Fence anyway for my pool fence, so I might as well add the pole to the order.

Thanks

Big orange is a JUNK store. it is the worst laid out store ever and the quality and selection is crap. Lowes kicks the snot out of home depot. If you want good service and freat selection always go with lowes.

Eric Goempel said:
Lowes kicks the snot out of home depot.
As a general rule, I completely agree with you.

However, not wanting to be petty, but will anyway, I can't stand Jimmie Johnson who Lowe's sponsors. So If Big Orange has the same thing as Lowes, I go to Big Orange.

Also, for some damn reason Loews is off the ranch when it comes to data/com. They carry those non-standard homelink things that don't fit keystones or anything else. Why they don't carry a standardized item is beyond me.

I also prefer the Leviton electrical stuff to the Cooper stuff Lowes carries. The Cooper isn't bad, Leviton is just better.

And Lowes is 15 minutes away, Big Orange about 5.

Come to Atlanta......no kidding, I have 5 HDs within 7 miles......2 Lowes, one of which is the other side of a high traffic area.

I guess we are spoiled.......over 60* 4 times this week....played golf 2 times :):D

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts