AT9 Tilt in Houston

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
I'm installing an AT9 without an H20 receiver. Would someone with an H20 enter my zip code (77055) and let me know what the Tilt and Elevation numbers are for the 5 LNB dish? I think I may already have it figured out from this link: http://emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp
but I want to be sure before trying to aim it. From the lookangle link, using Directv 101 and my zip code, the elevation shows 54.7 and the tilt shows 9.5, which would be the 80.5 tick mark on the dish.
Muchos gracias.

Thanks for doing that! Looks like that lookangle tool works for the AT9 dish when the 101 slot is selected. I would have hated to have the tilt wrong while trying to align that dish.

Lynskyn said:
Thanks for doing that! Looks like that lookangle tool works for the AT9 dish when the 101 slot is selected. I would have hated to have the tilt wrong while trying to align that dish.

Actually, you could get by not knowing the tilt -- if you aim at 101 initially, as instructed, it stays on 101 as you rotate to peak 119, so even if you didn't know the tilt, you would find it readily by sweeping through the whole range. Since you are, in effect scanning vertically thru the satellite orbit at 119, nothing else will be there to confuse you, if 101 is correctly aimed.

k2ue said:
Actually, you could get by not knowing the tilt -- if you aim at 101 initially, as instructed, it stays on 101 as you rotate to peak 119, so even if you didn't know the tilt, you would find it readily by sweeping through the whole range. Since you are, in effect scanning vertically thru the satellite orbit at 119, nothing else will be there to confuse you, if 101 is correctly aimed.

Yes, but it's still nice to have a close starting point. :)

I think you have to be aware not to loosen the tilt bolts too much when rotating the dish while peaking 119. I imagine the dish will sag and give an erroneous reading if you are not careful
Bob

Just installed the AT9. It was easy. Fit right on my GainMaster mast. Used a cheapie in-line meter I used to use when I was in the biz. All signal levels are about the same as my GainMaster. I guess I'll know how well I did when I get an H20 and try to pick up the Ka birds. Probably have to tweak it for those. Thanks again for the tilt confirmation. It was right on the money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)