AT9 vs AU9 signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

keithb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I currently have a slimline dish setup here in Edmonton, 53N, 113W. The best I can get on 103b are signals in the 40's dropping down to the 20's at night with transponders 3,4, 7,8 never getting anything more than 0. The 101 sat comes in at 85-92.

I'm wondering if I could expect anything higher on 103b with an AT9 sidecar? I ask because I notice the sidecar appears to have a greater surface area and is a couple inches "taller" than the slimeline. I would rather go this route instead of having to go the 1.2 meter route that is required in HI/AK.

AT9 = 752.25
AU9 = 731.25
DIF = 21.0

At only 21sq in difference I can't really see that much of an improvement in gain. I would almost think there is another issue at play here. Especially since DirecTV is not legally sent/received to Canada I would bet beams size and shape are being "trimmed" to better comply.

Thanks charper. Hard to tell whether those 21 inches would be enough since I'm so close with 103b. It'll be a couple of months before I can get on the roof with the amount of snow we have. I'd like to get all the HD but really want to avoid that monster 1.2 meter dish.

Thanks charper. Hard to tell whether those 21 inches would be enough since I'm so close with 103b. It'll be a couple of months before I can get on the roof with the amount of snow we have. I'd like to get all the HD but really want to avoid that monster 1.2 meter dish.

Thats 21 SQUARE inches, not inches !

Dtvah***

Plus DTVAH12AZEL mount -$179.99
Plus DTVAHKAKUKIT - 99/101/103 lnb assembly - $119.99
Plus shipping
BUT that IS what he needs.

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts